***Minnesota Twins 2021 Thread***

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Didn't like to see Larnach get sent down. Sure, his SO % is high, but let him learn what the big league pitchers are doing to him. Give him the playing time/coaching he needs.
Unless the Twins think they have a better hitting coach in St Paul....

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Luis Gill is through inning 3 versus Boston in his third MLB start tonight and hasn't allowed a run yet in his MLB career, three starts and 14 innings. Yanks acquired him from the Twins for Jake Cave who they had no more room or options for. Doesn't say much for Twins ability to evaluate young pitchers and they are desperate for pitching. :oops:

BTW, showed me what I know. I was all "This 23 year old ain't ready" two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Probably get bombed next inning, that Boxster jinx and all.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Didn't like to see Larnach get sent down. Sure, his SO % is high, but let him learn what the big league pitchers are doing to him. Give him the playing time/coaching he needs.
Unless the Twins think they have a better hitting coach in St Paul....

The thought is that at this point, he needs a confidence boost.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It will be a weather miracle if they get the Saturday game with NY in even with a noon start. NY is under a tropical storm warning. Sunday's game is certainly not going to happen.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I sincerely believe there is no reason for the twins ever to even fly to NY and play them. Stay home, forfeit, get healthy. It does no good to play those games, ends the same damn way every time. Maybe leverage the forfeits to get in to play the Corn game one year.

Reactions: jcyclonee

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Too bad. I was looking forward to watching some the young Twins on national TV today.

Looks like they lucked out on the weather till tomorrow. Maybe should have played two but Yankees already played a double this week and guessing Twins wouldn't like that either. Sets up a one game return trip in September or even October. Twins are open Monday but Yanks travel to play Atlanta.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
All five of the Twins original starting five have been either lost to injury, traded or underperformed this season after Maeda went down with a season-ending arm injury. They have a completely different rotation than what they started the year with. They brought back Andrew Albers, who they signed to a minor league deal earlier after he spent the last three years in Japan, to pitch against Milwaukee yesterday. Pineda is the only starter left and he's on the injured list.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
To close things out I hope the Twins go heavy with young kids in the line-up. Sit Simmons and Colume. Bring Larnach back up.
It will be interesting to see if they play Buxton everyday to showcase him in an effort to increase his trade value.

And I hope Falvey doesn't totally miss again this year with off season FA pitchers.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
To close things out I hope the Twins go heavy with young kids in the line-up. Sit Simmons and Colume. Bring Larnach back up.
It will be interesting to see if they play Buxton everyday to showcase him in an effort to increase his trade value.

And I hope Falvey doesn't totally miss again this year with off season FA pitchers.

Some of these guys they have pitching these days I've never heard of and I like to think I follow the Twins pretty closely. They seem to be claiming every tired old arm they can off the waiver wire at this point. I wish they'd give guys like Dakota Chalmers, Jordan Balazovic, Jhoan Duran and Simeon Woods-Richardson a chance. The pitcher tonight was Charlie Barnes, who is ranked their 30th best prospect. He's got an underwhelming fastball and so-so other pitches. The best thing about him is his control. We need some fireballers, like the guys I mentioned above, most of whom throw in the high 90s or triple digits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neptune78

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Watching the Rays game tonight to see how Nelson Cruz does. Looks like he misses the Twins. His BA has dropped from .294 to .204 since joining TB. His slugging has fell from .537 to .435.

I was hoping the Twins would bring him back next year, but if they bring up Miranda to play 3rd and move Donaldson to DH, there may not be room. Regardless, I'd still sign him to a reduced 1 year deal.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Twins front office keeps hitting it out of the park. Now Simmons is out with visa isues so let's bring in another 35 year old pitcher.

Play the kids and get ready for next year. No young arms to take a look at?
Where's Larnach?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Twins front office keeps hitting it out of the park. Now Simmons is out with visa isues so let's bring in another 35 year old pitcher.

Play the kids and get ready for next year. No young arms to take a look at?
Where's Larnach?
It’s a joke. Like what hope even is there for next year? Look at the “rotation”….

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watching the Rays game tonight to see how Nelson Cruz does. Looks like he misses the Twins. His BA has dropped from .294 to .204 since joining TB. His slugging has fell from .537 to .435.

I was hoping the Twins would bring him back next year, but if they bring up Miranda to play 3rd and move Donaldson to DH, there may not be room. Regardless, I'd still sign him to a reduced 1 year deal.

He is in 1st place though and hitting .306 in his last 15 games. Playing in the toughest division is baseball might have effected his average some. 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams in the East behind the Rays are 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the Wildcard. Three teams from the division will be in the playoffs, guessing Red Sox and the surging Blue Jays as the wildcards.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
It’s a joke. Like what hope even is there for next year? Look at the “rotation”….

Agree. With nothing to lose, let the kids get their feet wet in the bigs and maybe we'll see a Gaetti, Hrbek, or Viola in three years.

Just stop with the 35 year old 'veterans' who have no future.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: JM4CY

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Heading to the game tonight. Any spots we should hit up around the stadium before the game?