Mike Brown Fired

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
my guess is that they have looked around and have a guy that will be announced immediately...probably Brian Shaw or Phil Jackson coming back.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Wow, that franchise is setting course to become the biggest joke in the NBA. Five games? What a bunch of pathetic losers.

With a leash that short, who in the **** would be stupid enough to want that job? Good luck finding someone to take over. I sure as hell hope it isn't Jerry Sloan.

The Lakers will have absolutely no problem filling the position.

Brown's firing isn't about a short leash. It's about a completely dysfunctional offense that is more dysfunctional than it was last season, with no prospects of improving. Brown's system doesn't fit his players, and he did nothing over the summer to adjust. There's no reason to continue on with him if he can't/won't adjust his system to fit his players.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids

Brown's firing isn't about a short leash. It's about a completely dysfunctional offense that is more dysfunctional than it was last season, with no prospects of improving. Brown's system doesn't fit his players, and he did nothing over the summer to adjust. There's no reason to continue on with him if he can't/won't adjust his system to fit his players.

agree with this. losing 14 of 15 back to last year doesn't help his cause. Good D coach, not close on offense.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Wow, that franchise is setting course to become the biggest joke in the NBA. Five games? What a bunch of pathetic losers.

With a leash that short, who in the **** would be stupid enough to want that job? Good luck finding someone to take over. I sure as hell hope it isn't Jerry Sloan.

Wow, you mad.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

I don't think Brown's Princeton offense is a great fit for their roster but you can't say this after five regular season games, only two of which have featured all of their big four playing together. It's really hard to plug guys like Nash and Howard into an offense with Kobe and Gasol and think their going to be playing at a high level after five games.

Miami started 9-8 after aquiring Bosh and James, and had plenty of growing pains over the next two years, only finally finding their offensive identity in the playoffs after their second year together. Miami was also trying to do this with three stars at or near the prime of their careers. LA is trying to do this with three of their big four well on the downhill side of their careers. It's going to be a challenge for the Lakers to get by the Spurs and Thunder this year.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
The moment Kobe fired Brown:

KobeStaresBrown.gif

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I don't think Brown's Princeton offense is a great fit for their roster but you can't say this after five regular season games

I think you can. Plenty of posts about this on the Internet. The offense doesn't fit the skills of most of the Laker players, particularly Nash. Why on earth would one spend money to get the veteran Nash, a pick-and-roller, and then implement the Princeton offense, which essentially negates Nash's strongest skills and forces him to learn a different skill set? It makes no sense. I could see it if the Lakers were in a long term rebuilding mode, but they aren't. They are looking to get maximize the remaining career of Kobe, Nash, and Gasol. Putting in an offense that doesn't fit the skill set of those players is not the way to go.

And in reality, it's not only five games. The Lakers didn't win a single preseson game either.