Mid-Life Crisis Car

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Thanks for the info. Ya, for my money, I'm buyin a Corvette. I do get a kick out of people that buy a little Mustang thinking they have somethin. By little I mean the ones with the small engine. I can't believe Ford built a Focus that's faster than the Mustang. That's hilarious.

Yeah, well, it's basically their version of the WRX STi. The Focus is actually a pretty hot car in it's European form.

The other thing to remember is that it's a road course. Muscle cars (even the modern ones) handle horribly, generally speaking, and the Focus RS handles insanely well by all accounts.

A Shelby GT500 would blow it's doors off in a drag race. It would actually be pretty interesting racing to watch, the two of them.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I drive a Dodge Stratus.

TaZp2FOrOok9il9r37s6Why0o1_500.jpg

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Yeah, well, it's basically their version of the WRX STi. The Focus is actually a pretty hot car in it's European form.

The other thing to remember is that it's a road course. Muscle cars (even the modern ones) handle horribly, generally speaking, and the Focus RS handles insanely well by all accounts.

A Shelby GT500 would blow it's doors off in a drag race. It would actually be pretty interesting racing to watch, the two of them.

The euro focus can be a fast car because it doesn't have a product like the mustang to compete with from its own factory. In the US, however, Ford needs to worry about things like that.

Check out the Euro RS here. Besides the color, it is a sweet ride:

2009 Ford Focus First Drive on Inside Line

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Wait... did I just read that you are 32 and you think that is mid-life? I turn 31 this year and hope to God that is not my mid-life!!!!! :wink:

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
Done, and I've heard it hits 146 mph :wink:

It's weird they put a governor on that car. It's like they didn't want the Chevy guys giving the poor Mustang crap for not being able to keep up with even the base Corvette at the top end.

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
Real men drive trucks.

I've gone back and forth with the truck and car as DD. In the end acceleration and handling beat out the few times I got to actually use my truck as a truck.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
It's weird they put a governor on that car. It's like they didn't want the Chevy guys giving the poor Mustang crap for not being able to keep up with even the base Corvette at the top end.

Says the guy with 2 'Vettes. One of which I would do terrible, terrible things to own. :wink:

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
Says the guy with 2 'Vettes. One of which I would do terrible, terrible things to own. :wink:

You had an LSx engine so you know how it is. Good acceleration is pretty much the point of having a car in my book.

Did you go to Albaugh's show? He has some nice cars. Lot's of Corvettes there.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
You had an LSx engine so you know how it is. Good acceleration is pretty much the point of having a car in my book.

Did you go to Albaugh's show? He has some nice cars. Lot's of Corvettes there.

I had to work. When I get home from deployment in 2011, I plan on getting a C5 Z. I can't afford the big boy, yet. Just gonna throw this out there, I miss the Goat. I really, really do, but it had to go. I can't wait to get back into an LSX.

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
I had to work. When I get home from deployment in 2011, I plan on getting a C5 Z. I can't afford the big boy, yet. Just gonna throw this out there, I miss the Goat. I really, really do, but it had to go. I can't wait to get back into an LSX.

C5 Z is all good. They start out fast and are easy to mod. I had an LS6 in my V. Great engine.

If you get one join the Cyclone Corvette Club. Good group of people. I've been trying to get the under 40 crowd involved, but it's tough...

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
C5 Z is all good. They start out fast and are easy to mod. I had an LS6 in my V. Great engine.

If you get one join the Cyclone Corvette Club. Good group of people. I've been trying to get the under 40 crowd involved, but it's tough...

You better believe I will! :wink: I've been thinking that I want a yellow one. They really look sharp with that Z body.