Micquell Cotton/ DeWayne Hendrix

sportsfreak77

May 1, 2011
Urbandale/Ames
Micquell Cotton - Yahoo! Sports
Dewayne Hendrix - Yahoo! Sports

Not sure if anyone saw this, but over the past few days Cotton has been saying some VERY convincing things and I am almost 95% certain he will commit. The bigger question is can we reel in his teammate who we are also recruiting hard, Hendrix. Absolute stud as you can see given the offers and top 150 rating. Go get em Lazard!

Here's a few things he said. The first part of each tweet is a question asked by someone on a site called "ask.fm" or something and alot seem to be about Iowa State. Micquell Cotton's answers are in bold.

"who are the other top players on your team and in St ... — Kory Poelker , Dewayne Hendrix , Taemon Franklin , kr..."

All visited/are being recruited by ISU, not sure if Hendrix visited. (above tweet)

"Would dewayne hendrix go to iowa state if you did — You'd have to ask my buddy dewayne that."

"Are you excited about the prospect of knocking Allen Lazard on his keister in ... — Lol that would be pretty funny!"

"What surprised you about Ames after your first visit?” How cool the coaching staff is!"

"Any more visits to ISU coming up? — Yep soon."

"What impresses you most about Iowa State? — The fans "

"Why even look to go anywhere besides ISU? Could be part of the greatest class to ever come to Ames. ... — Truuuuue"

"How is it going to feel when you run onto Jack Trice your first time? :)Amazing!"

"Where does Iowa State see you playing in their defense? — Safety"

"When you committing to isu? - Allen Lazard — I'm not sure bro. It won't be long tho."

Interesting to see if it was actually Lazard who asked this question, either way gave a non direct answer that he will soon!

Last edited:

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I say that you are dead on with your projection of Micquell Cotton's chances, but I think that Dewayne Hendrix is not even looking at Iowa State. I think he will end up on the Vols.

iacyguy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 1, 2011
The Dirty Dodge
5ft 8 safety? Ok. Hope he can show up and work his but off like Reeves did. Thats a helluva mismatch if someone lines a tight end up on him

Dont get me wrong, i would still love to get Cotton

sportsfreak77

May 1, 2011
Urbandale/Ames
5ft 8 safety? Ok. Hope he can show up and work his but off like Reeves did. Thats a helluva mismatch if someone lines a tight end up on him

Recent question of the same format on his page he answered that he was 5'10 180.

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
I say that you are dead on with your projection of Micquell Cotton's chances, but I think that Dewayne Hendrix is not even looking at Iowa State. I think he will end up on the Vols.
Agree with both, Hendrix really isn't even looking our way. A LOT more excited about Kenric Young, dude can flat out play. He's been giving Indiana a lot of love recently, which I'm not a fan of, but I feel like we have a decent shot with the kid!

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

David Sims wasn't any more than 5'8"... we could use some more of those type of guys

Reactions: cyhiphopp

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Mom nom nom.
those making comments about his height, doesn't he have offers from multiple BCS schools? Most be great to be picky and forget how hard it was to land similar guys a few years ago. Hope we land cotton, Hendrix isn't happening but I would pee myself if it did.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I think you folks might actually be surprised with what Hendrix thinks of ISU.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Just a generic observation. We are great at getting shorter fball safeties and bball guards at our school. The challenge has been recruiting fball dline and oline and bball big front court guys. However, this is not true for women's bball and vball.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I think you folks might actually be surprised with what Hendrix thinks of ISU.
o-rly-putin1.jpg

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
It's from a recent Rivals interview, so all I can really say and this is me slightly assuming, is that an official visit is a good to very good possibility.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'm going to qualify my statement once more. It appears that he's gotten his focus down to 8ish schools right now. Hence, the reason I think we have a good shot of getting him here on campus. That and he's also listed iowa in the same group of schools, so I'd assume he'd visit both places in the same trip. All this said, don't shoot me if I'm wrong. Most of what I am posting, I am concluding. The exception being that he has real interest in ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron