Michigan State vs. Iowa

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
One of the 'Eye fans who booed McCann and Shada is with us. Wonder who he will try & gather fellow fans to boo at the Rose Bowl when one of Ferments' players makes a mistake.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Considering ISU's fanbase is probably 25-50% of the size of Iowa's and ISU doesn't have the state's media and local establishments in their back pocket, it would be pretty tame compared to an Iowa win in anything.

I get tired of this. Maybe in Iowa City's back yard of Cedar Rapids the fanbase is that heavy of a lean for Iowa, but it isn't like that state wide. One thing I think you'll see in Western Iowa is people eventually forced to choose between Iowa and Nebraska. You can bandwagon both when they never play, but that gets much harder when you are in the same conference.

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
You are no doubt a one trick pony-always back to basketball,cause you've got nothing else
1 trick pony? We've won 4 out of the last 5 years in basketball and 3 out of the last 5 years in football. Don't act like Iowa's owned the series here lately.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Do you realize that that poll has the national champion at no. 18, and not care because the link settles the debate in your mind? Why would you give credence to a poll that takes place before the national tournament? Anyways, it's not like top 11 is bad, it's really good, I'm just saying that even Hoiberg's most success doesn't touch Ferentz's. I think it probably would have after this year, though

Really, Twilight? You're gonna get banned, come back pretending to be someone entirely different, and then rehash an old Twilight argument verbatim? Bold strategy...

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City
Really, Twilight? You're gonna get banned, come back pretending to be someone entirely different, and then rehash an old Twilight argument verbatim? Bold strategy...

Not sure about Twilight but he seems like a smart guy. Did Iowa football finish in the Top 5 in the country this year or are we going to wait until the bowl games to figure that one out? That's exactly what you're trying to do with basketball because it fits your agenda, LOL

Alright guys, we're going to consider Iowa a Top-5 program this year, and the game against Stanford literally means nothing!!!

Last edited:

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Not sure about Twilight but he seems like a smart guy. Did Iowa football finish in the Top 5 in the country this year or are we going to wait until the bowl games to figure that one out? That's exactly what you're trying to do with basketball because it fits your agenda, LOL

Alright guys, we're going to consider Iowa a Top-5 program this year, and the game against Stanford literally means nothing!!!

Maybe to you, ask the players if this game means nothing to them. Yes the playoff would have been the desired outcome but to say a Rose Bowl game means nothing is pretty idiotic IMO.

Hypothetically, if Iowa was to win or even win in impressive fashion in the Rose bowl and then moves up in a final standing to say 3 or 4. Would you still consider them ranked 5 or would you then change and say they are a top 3 or 4 ranked team? I'm guessing you would take the higher ranking.

Last edited:

Juice

Nov 12, 2015
Maybe to you, ask the players if this game means nothing to them. Yes the playoff would have been the desired outcome but to say a Rose Bowl game means nothing is pretty idiotic IMO.

Hypothetically, if Iowa was to win or even win in impressive fashion in the Rose bowl and then moves up in a final standing to say 3 or 4. Would you still consider them ranked 5 or would you then change and say they are a top 3 or 4 ranked team? I'm guessing you would take the higher ranking.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying. The only rankings that really matter are the ones at the end of the year because that's where your team finishes. In football obviously the rankings matter prior to the playoff teams being selected, but if you're simply looking at how far a coach got a certain team you look at where they finished the season not at where they were at the beginning or middle of it. Coaches say it all the time... rankings at this point and time mean diddly ****.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

Yeah, you obviously missed the entire point of my post. That's okay. Get better, not bitter

Juice

Nov 12, 2015
For instance... does it really matter how high in the rankings the Cyclones got last year if they entered the tournament and lost in the first round? Of course not. You remember the loss to UAB. That sticks with you. The same will be said this year if something similar happens. No one is going to care if the Clones reach #1 in the polls if they don't get past the first round.

CyFan03

Jun 5, 2010
Ames
Congrats to D King for his honors this year. He is a pretty good tackler. Best tackler I've seen since Joe Montana.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MSU (2).jpg
    MSU (2).jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron