Michigan State vs. Iowa

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
B1G West is much better than the SEC East, at least at the top. Anyways thanks but I can't believe you just compared the exhibition-ness of the Pinstripe Bowl to the Rose Bowl. Those are so far from being similar in terms of the national landscape of college football. No, the Rose doesn't impact the national championship but my football team effectively made the Elite 8 and has the potential to finish top-5 in the country

The Elite 8 is played by the 8 teams who can still win the national championship

The Rose Bowl this year will have zero of those teams. That's the same amount as the Pinstripe Bowl... or the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl... or the AdvoCare FanDuel Arizona Tea presented by Vizio Bowl. It's an exhibition game - one with a lot of pomp and circumstance, sure, but an exhibition game, just like every other bowl game except for the Orange and the Cotton.

Juice

Nov 12, 2015
End of discussion...

http://www.atomica.com/article/1183467/10-worst-major-college-football-programs

Iowa State, according to Cyclone fans is a basketball school. However, they're only a basketball school because the football program is lousy, not because the basketball program is a national power. Give Cyclone fans credit, they are loyal. But they've never experienced any type of winning in football on a national level. ISU has never surpassed 9 wins in a season and hasn't won a conference title since the glory days of 1912.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
End of discussion...

Iowa State, according to Cyclone fans is a basketball school. However, they're only a basketball school because the football program is lousy, not because the basketball program is a national power. Give Cyclone fans credit, they are loyal. But they've never experienced any type of winning in football on a national level. ISU has never surpassed 9 wins in a season and hasn't won a conference title since the glory days of 1912.

Oh wow. www.atomica.com is always my go to site for my information so I might have to rethink my stance on this one. Darnit

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
End of discussion...

Stop the presses!!!

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
End of discussion...

gij19JX.png

Also, it's funny that 4 of Iowa's wins in this historic season came against teams on that list you posted. Bravo.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
End of discussion...

Hey, four of your twelve wins this year were against top 10 worst college football programs. Good job!

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Atomica sounds like some sort of crappy Battlestar Galatica ripoff...

Juice

Nov 12, 2015
I imagine what you guys would be like if you actually won something and I have nightmares.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I imagine what you guys would be like if you actually won something and I have nightmares.

Considering ISU's fanbase is probably 25-50% of the size of Iowa's and ISU doesn't have the state's media and local establishments in their back pocket, it would be pretty tame compared to an Iowa win in anything.

Juice

Nov 12, 2015
Pollard could hire one of his turds and people on here would figure out a way to pimp it out. Things are changing baby! That turd is making Chris blush! Pinch me!

Last edited:

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Pollard could hire one of his turds and people on here would figure out a way to pimp it out. Things are changing baby! That turd is making Chris blush! Pinch me!

The only turd around here is that post.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Considering ISU's fanbase is probably 25-50% of the size of Iowa's and ISU doesn't have the state's media and local establishments in their back pocket, it would be pretty tame compared to an Iowa win in anything.

This is what I don't get. Iowa fans have no idea what it's like to have to put up with the amount **** that comes from a fan base that is 2-3 times larger. When they hear crap from us, it's just a blurb compared to what they dish out.