[Michael Parkes Added] 2023 Class Breakdown

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I would have put an "or" between Mota and Patton. Landing both would have been good, too, but Mota is heading to Iowa City.

My top 10:
1. East St. Louis o-linemen Paris Patterson, Miles McVay, and Brandon Henderson. Getting all three of them would be huge at the biggest position of need.

2. DE Blake Purchase... Could be the next elite pass rusher after McDonald moves on.

3. QB JJ Kohl... Needs to develop a bit, but has a huge arm and good athleticism. We need to land legacy players like this.

4. WRs Kai Black and Bryson Rodgers... I also had Cole Adams high on my list, but he has been blowing up and getting some huge offers lately so I doubt we have a shot.

5. RB Jeremiyah Love or John Randle Jr... Both have a ton of potential and with our recent success with RB's, I think we can get another big time recruit.

6. S Jamison Patton

7. A couple good CBs... This is a position we don't seem to recruit as hard and don't get high rated kids. Not sure why that is. Since we have a lot of good young safeties, CB should be a priority in this class.

8. LB Acyen Stevens... I like this kid. Has Mike Rose potential, IMO.

9. DE Calvin Smith... I seriously think we have no shot an Bradley, though that would be amazing, but getting two good pass rushers is needed. Purchase and Smith would do.

10. DT Tyler Gant or David Borchers... DT isn't going to be a big need, but either of these two would continue to give us some good depth.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Name: Michael Parkes
Position: WR
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185lb
Other Measurables: Sub 11.0s 100m
NCAA Football 14 Freshman: 72
NCAA Football 14 Potential: 92
Player Comparison: Chris Olave
Significant Impact: So. He'll burn his red shirt.
Attributes: [Technician][SPEED]
Areas of Improvement: Physicality.
Thoughts:
This is the first non-quarterback of this class that I have fallen in love with. It is easy to fall in love with a highly touted, highly recruited in state legacy who is 6'6" with a cannon. It's different when 95% of ISU recruiting fans have not even heard of the kid that committed.

I could tell you a lot of things I like about his game, but that might paint a picture as if he is going to be a hall of famer. However, the best attribute in his repertoire is his 60-0.

Yes, I typed that correctly; his 60-0. His ability to stop on a dime will create separation between him and the DB.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
“I could tell you a lot of things I like about his game, but that might paint a picture as if he is going to be a hall of famer.

Instead, I’ll just compare him to the 11th overall draft pick from this year.”

lol you’ve gotta stop, man
I mean… Chris Olave was rated a 3 star in high school…

Parkes is a 4 star…

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I have no doubt Parkes is good. Do you know who else was a 4 star? Sedrick Johnson. Bo Williams. Joe Scates. JJ Bass.

Lets slow our roll on comparing him to the 11th overall draft pick. You’re too biased to take seriously
Do you know what a player comp is?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have no doubt Parkes is good. Do you know who else was a 4 star? Sedrick Johnson. Bo Williams. Joe Scates. JJ Bass.

Lets slow our roll on comparing him to the 11th overall draft pick. You’re too biased to take seriously
I don’t really care much, but this is usually how they do it. They use players people would know, not some obscure player that you would have to dig up info to even know anything about.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think he's rated a 4 star on ESPN's amazing rating system. So, given theyre all over the place with ratings, a 3 star sounds about right.
I think having ESPN's goofy ratings as part of the 24/7 composite is giving them about all the say they deserve. I have no problem quoting 24/7's individual rating or Rivals. But ESPN is a bridge too far. Best bet is to just stick to 24/7 composite.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I don’t really care much, but this is usually how they do it. They use players people would know, not some obscure player that you would have to dig up info to even know anything about.
It really isn’t though. Take a look at what Allen Treiu does for his player comps. They’re way more measured.

I think player comps should either be done realistically, or just not done at all. There’s extremely few Chris Olave’s out there and it’s unfair to throw that expectation onto a kid.

• Winner
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I understand some here have issues with 4L. Rather than turning every one of his posts into a ***** fest why not just do the rest of us a favor and place him on ignore?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It really isn’t though. Take a look at what Allen Treiu does for his player comps. They’re way more measured.

I think player comps should either be done realistically, or just not done at all. There’s extremely few Chris Olave’s out there and it’s unfair to throw that expectation onto a kid.
I would have to Google that Allen guy first.

convoluteme

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2019
I think having ESPN's goofy ratings as part of the 24/7 composite is giving them about all the say they deserve. I have no problem quoting 24/7's individual rating or Rivals. But ESPN is a bridge too far. Best bet is to just stick to 24/7 composite.
There is no 247 composite for him. On3 has a composite for him as a 4*. Weirdly though they show him as unrated by Rivals even though his is a 3* on Rivals site.

Summation:
On3: High 3*
Rivals: 3*
ESPN: 4*
247: NR

247 composite: N/A
On3 composite: 4* (Rivals rating is not included for some reason)

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
There is no 247 composite for him. On3 has a composite for him as a 4*. Weirdly though they show him as unrated by Rivals even though his is a 3* on Rivals site.

Summation:

I’m gonna take a shot in the dark and guess his 247 is going to be like a .87

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Summation:

I was speaking in general terms, not necessarily about any individual player. My rule of thumb is to ignore ESPN recruiting ratings.