Michael Bay Finally Done with Transformers

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://screenrant.com/transformers-5-michael-bay-leaving/

Boom Boom Bay just announced that The Last Knight will finally be his last Transformers movie. From my standpoint, thank goodness and good riddance. Now, I'm just hoping he stays away from ruining any more of my childhood treasures. Don't get me wrong, while I think Bay has turned into everything wrong with big blockbuster movies now-a-days, I'll give him credit that the dude makes studio's bank and I get why they keep letting him make movies. He truly has mastered the art of screw the plot, lets just put hot babes on the screen and blow up as much stuff as possible because that is what sells tickets. Well, not really anymore in the United States, but his movies sell big time Internationally, and that is what matters anymore. In fact, screw America, Asia alone consumes that type of crap like it is crack cocaine and can't seem to get enough of Michael Bay. In the meantime, we've just had to sit back and suffer through it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
“It’s bittersweet for me. With every Transformers film, I’ve said it would be my last. I see the 120 million fans around the world who see these movies, the huge theme park lines to the ride and the amazing Make- A-Wish kids who visit my sets, and it somehow keeps drawing me back. I love doing these movies. This film was especially fun to shoot. But, this time might really be it. So I’m blowing this one out.”

Not a lot of confidence in his retirement. I dont hate the movies, but I dont particularly enjoy how they are so human centric. I couldnt care less about the human stories. The autobot vs decepticon stories are what brings me.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Don't get me wrong, I still love me some explosions, but shoot, give me someone like Zach Snyder doing them over Michael Bay every day of the week. Sure, Snyder has really created some stinkers lately, but at least the dude actually tries to make a good movie. Michael Bay, on the other hand, doesn't give two craps about making a good movie. He just wants to make things go boom and watch the money come in.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Don't get me wrong, I still love me some explosions, but shoot, give me someone like Zach Snyder doing them over Michael Bay every day of the week. Sure, Snyder has really created some stinkers lately, but at least the dude actually tries to make a good movie. Michael Bay, on the other hand, doesn't give two craps about making a good movie. He just wants to make things go boom and watch the money come in.
Somewhere, right now, Michael Bay's head is in a pretzel because these sentences make no sense what so ever to him.

• Funny

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Never thrilled with the slow motion and American F-Yeah stuff.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Slow-motion-gifs.gif

giphy.gif

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

What a lot of people don't realize is that behind-the-scenes, one thing that makes Bay so valuable to studios is his top-notch connections with the military in helping him make his movies. In fact, he is regarded as having the best connections. So, this is a lot of the reason why he is able to pull off many of his action sequences. Zach Snyder is also one up there too with his highly regarded military connections.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What a lot of people don't realize is that behind-the-scenes, one thing that makes Bay so valuable to studios is his top-notch connections with the military in helping him make his movies. In fact, he is regarded as having the best connections. So, this is a lot of the reason why he is able to pull off many of his action sequences. Zach Snyder is also one up there with his highly regarded connections.

Which is great, but its excessive and cheesy.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What a lot of people don't realize is that behind-the-scenes, one thing that makes Bay so valuable to studios is his top-notch connections with the military in helping him make his movies. In fact, he is regarded as having the best connections. So, this is a lot of the reason why he is able to pull off many of his action sequences. Zach Snyder is also one up there too with his highly regarded military connections.

I would've loved to have seen what he could've done with The Pain and the Yearning.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I still love "The Rock" and "Bad Boys", so I'll give him that.
I thought I still loved The Rock, but I watched it again a few months ago, and man, it has not aged well. The whole car chase scene is cringworthy as is most of the dialogue. Vanessa Marcil is still hot, though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron