Message to Miller, Deace, and pitchfork crowd

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I don't believe there have been ANY demands on our show that Mac be fired. Deace has said repeatedly that he sees no signs of things working out with Greg. I have never heard him say once that Jamie should fire Greg. And to date, I would side with Steve as saying I haven't seen any indication that things are going to be better going forward. Same for what is going on in Iowa City.

So Jon, if there's no indication that things are working out in Ames, but you aren't calling for Mac to be fired, then what is the answer?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Except beating the #5 team in the country on the road in OT with only an 8 player roster with 2 guys fouled out, 2 more with 4 fouls and 1 guy hobbling around on an injured knee.

Awesome! It took 4 years for the blind squirrel to finally find his nut!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
So Jon, if there's no indication that things are working out in Ames, but you aren't calling for Mac to be fired, then what is the answer?

Why would Jon want Mac fired...hes a Hawk fan. Mac staying at ISU would be in his best interest.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Except beating the #5 team in the country on the road in OT with only an 8 player roster with 2 guys fouled out, 2 more with 4 fouls and 1 guy hobbling around on an injured knee.

Again, this one win doesn't mean any more than the one loss to SDSU last year. Put a few of them together and then I'll be listening. Great, great day on Saturday though.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006

Deace brought up an interesting point to that end today, that it made him even more ticked off because that underscored what a waste of a season this has been.

If Lucca had not left and if JVB had not gotten hurt, ISU still doesn't make the tournament for one simple reason; lack of play at the point.

I remember talking with Greg about this before the first football team. I said to him that if he gets anything consistent at point, he has an NCAA tournament team. DG looked like a world beater the first six games, as did the entire team. they freaking looked awesome. But then came Northwestern, the first team with a pulse..and from there, the team has gone 9-16. Just one of the first six wins came against a team ranked better than 169 in Ken Pomeroy's index, and that was SLU, who is 86th.

Trust me, I get the attrition factor...for six years of the Alford era, I bought into it. You could singularly explain every transfer, or there were built in injury excuses nearly every year.

What it came down to was he made mistakes with his first staff, and by the time he had made the necc. changes, it was too late, as he had done too much damage, much self inflicted.

At some point in time its impossible to look at each instance singularly, and you have to look at the cumulative. It's up to you guys where you are at.

I'd love it for Greg to succeed, but given the four years we have seen, I remain unconvinced it will happen.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Ohhhhh, I get it now, we don't have any money. Boy this sure changes my opinion, I had no idea! Here all along I thought we were rolling in the cash...hmm.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron