Memphis weather forecast

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
LOL at you all trying to justify Memphis weather. Enjoy.

I like this you vs you all.

I don't justify weather at all when it comes to watching my alma mater. Just because there is a blizzard going on doesn't mean I'm not going to trudge thru it all and walk a half mile to get into Hilton either.

I'm sure you were hoping the bowl game was in Orlando, maybe you have a family vacation or another reason why planned. But I will never "LOL" at a fellow fan for supporting our team in mediocre weather.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
lol great bowl game weather. Really can't believe people wanted to be in Memphis over Orlando.

images

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Kinda sucks that the weather has been bad for both times that ISU has gone to Memphis, but not a lot the fans or team can do other than enjoy and win the game. Normal temps are probably in the 50s.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It’s relative. I know people going because of the weather. They’re very happy for the weather in Memphis and had we been sent to Orlando they’d be stuck in Iowa with sub-zero temps.

They are going because of the weather? Are they eskimos?

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Let's be honest. Even if you love supporting this team nobody can be happy with the weather. Looks like we're going to be 2/2 for crap weather down there. And yes, I went last time and will be going again. It's okay, you can be unhappy with the elements.

Agreed, but razzing those of us that are going or can appreciate the advantages (lower costs) vs other destinations, is pretty juvenile.

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
They are going because of the weather? Are they eskimos?
They’re Iowans, which isn’t too far off.
With the sub-zero temps moving in they were looking to for a trip, and Memphis fits given it is forecasted to be close to 30 degrees warmer than Iowa.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Agreed, but razzing those of us that are going or can appreciate the advantages (lower costs) vs other destinations, is pretty juvenile.

So is people acting like it's fine. I'll be 100% honest, if I knew this was going to be the weather I wouldn't have gone.

• Agree
Reactions: capitalcityguy

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
You do know, that contradicts this:

Also, I guess I don't really "hate" States (well, maybe Nebraska) but what's with not liking Tennessee. Bad experience?
Yes, I meant i'm sure the bowl game will be fun to attend, but I just don't have any desire to go to Memphis. Defiantly not a place on my bucket list. If it was somewhere warmer I'd probably want to go.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
LOL at you all trying to justify Memphis weather. Enjoy.

And LOL at you for trying make yourself feel better because you dropped a ****load of money by guessing the wrong bowl game!
Gonna burn some when someone snaps a photo of you on the Flying Dumbo ride....

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

sleepy

Dec 8, 2017
When it's this cold in the upper midwest, it's going to be cold everywhere. I read somewhere the bowls played in Texas won't get above 50. Here in Minny it's about -14.

Yeah, if was going to be in the 40s in Iowa, it would be in the 60s in Memphis. Albuquerque, Charlotte, NYC, Nashville, and Annapolis of the top of my head all have outdoor bowl games and are as far north or farther than Memphis.

Late December seems to be the coldest down south. I've seen it 12 degrees in New Orleans on Christmas eve and frozen my butt off walking along a beach in a parka in Pensacola in December.

Unless you get a bowl in the Florida peninsula or Southern Cal, it's likely to be cold.

Friday Dec. 29--Ames 11/-8 Memphis 42/28
Saturday Dec 30--Ames -1/-7 Memphis 35/16

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I would have made the trip to Memphis had I not wasted all my vacation during the year. Weather would have played no factor in my decision. I am envious of those who made the trip.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Just arrived in Memphis and is a balmy 30F, much warmer than the -7F I left. TIme to sit by the pool, sip a few cocktails and get some sun.

Nice.
We're from Iowa, we know how to have fun when it's cool. Just dress appropriately. christmas-story-bunny-pajamas-2.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron