Meatball sub thread!!!

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Casey's never had them when I lived in Iowa! Quiznos used to be good, but have went way down hill in the past year or so. Do you guys have a Firehouse Subs in Iowa? They have really good meatball subs. I actually just ate one, which inspired this post hahaha.

This will sound weird, but the best meatball sub I have ever had was from a vending machine. I forget the name brand since it's been 11 or 12 years since I had one, but wow were they amazing!! Used to eat them every day when I worked at the Jack Link's factory in Wisconsin.

If any of you come down to Albuquerque, Venezia's Pizza (now known as Aldo's, actually) has a really good meatball sub as well.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Pot Belly has a kick *** meatball sub. But it's kind of difficult to find a Pot Belly joint
Isn't Pot Belly an east coast joint? I've never had it but I've seen them all over Washington DC and NYC.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Daves Cosmic Subs if your ever in the Cleveland area. Big meatballs and the "secret" sauce is Italian dressing that adds a little something magical to the standard meatball sub.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I love meatball subs but have no idea where to get a good one in Ames. The sandwich shop that used to be at Colorado Junction is sorely missed.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Isn't Pot Belly an east coast joint? I've never had it but I've seen them all over Washington DC and NYC.

They may have started out there but there are some in the mid-west or at least the major cities like Chicago or the Twin Cities.

CYvilEng

Aug 20, 2012
Des Moines
There's a new place called mad meatball near e 6th and mlk in Des Moines. Their meatballs are good and the sandwich could be great. The only prob I had with it was the minimal quantity on meatballs on the sandwich. They have a groupon currently. I'm not sure if they were just trying to be cheap due to the groupon everyone else but us was using. Had they used 4 whole meatballs instead of 4 halves this would prob be a different story.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I love meatball subs but have no idea where to get a good one in Ames. The sandwich shop that used to be at Colorado Junction is sorely missed.

Have you tried the ones from Pizza Pit? They used to be pretty good back in the day.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron