MBB when will the pain stop, direct crying here

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm from Southern Illinois going to Iowa State, and I really love being a Cyclone, but I really just can't keep taking the hits over and over again. I just hope by my senior year something good happens.

Better get used to it being a Cyclone fan. Gonna be a lifetime of taking the hits unfortunately. :sad:

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
I have lost all confidence in GMac and I am a big supporter of his. This team should be 16-4, 2-3 but instead they are 12-8, 1-4. Four horrible, horrible losses that are unacceptable. Hawaii, Drake, SDSU and CU?? Really? Really?

GMac is not gonna do it. Brackins will leave after this year and Barnes will commit somewhere else over the summer.

The worst part, I'm not even really that mad or upset. I saw this coming a mile away. Apathy has fully set in for Football and Basketball.

I'm with you Cy. It's too bad too. Not asking to beat an OU. If ISU had just beaten the teams it SHOULD beat....

Oh well, another lost season. Apathy is right.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
JP should be worried as this becomes a bigger trend in a tight time for money with a lot a folks.

I watch because it gives me something to do but i am starting to not be affected either way.

Scary, never thought i would say that.

Same here. Would've thrown a fit over this when TF or LE were here. Now, just another night. Can't get too upset when you know what is coming.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
If we don't improve, Hilton's attendance will be looking more like Colorado's. Now that's pathetic.

It really is amazing that our attendance in the two major sports have been as good as they are.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
That was a bad loss to a bad team. I wish some one would step up and make freaking shot. My word. We are going on 3 games now of this BS. There are better players than this on the floor. McD needs to makes changes and step things up or he will be on the hot seat next year.

If he wins one more the rest of the year against CU, he will be on the hot seat. This is a poor product when no one but one person knows how to make a hoop.

ISUinOR

Nov 8, 2007
Portland, OR
It really is amazing that our attendance in the two major sports have been as good as they are.
But as bad (or good) as it sounds, ISU will never see Hilton look like that. It's not in our genetics. For true Cyclone fans, we'll ***** and moan and throw a fit, but when game night comes around we'll be at Hilton or watching on TV.

Honestly, how many of us have ever really "given up" on the Cyclones? As bad as it has ever been, or could be, I still could never give up and stop watching and cheering.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
JP should be worried as this becomes a bigger trend in a tight time for money with a lot a folks.

I watch because it gives me something to do but i am starting to not be affected either way.

Scary, never thought i would say that.

Pollard is the biggest cool-aid vender of them all, and we've been sucking it right down for three years. Unfortunately football and basketball have also been sucking every year since he got here. We've been duped ala Matt Millan and the Detroit Lions.

Thank Good Bill Fennelly didn't get fired. The last good thing we've got going....well then there's Cael too but I could have made that hire.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
But as bad (or good) as it sounds, ISU will never see Hilton look like that. It's not in our genetics. For true Cyclone fans, we'll ***** and moan and throw a fit, but when game night comes around we'll be at Hilton or watching on TV.

Honestly, how many of us have ever really "given up" on the Cyclones? As bad as it has ever been, or could be, I still could never give up and stop watching and cheering.

I agree with you. It's not possible for me to stop caring about Iowa State. Games like this are just disheartening, even if we did know it was very possible.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
I agree with you. It's not possible for me to stop caring about Iowa State. Games like this are just disheartening, even if we did know it was very possible.

Same here. I'll be dragging my sorry ---- up there to watch it until they put me in the grave.

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
The hardest thing for me to accept is that I think GMac is probably one of the best human beings to ever coach at ISU or at least in my 20+ years of being a fan. We have had almost zero off the court issues and he seems like a man of great integrity. Which means a lot more to me now that I have 2 young boys. But at some point we have to show some signs of life. I really want him to succeed here but the chances of that happening seem slimmer after every ugly loss.

Reactions: Wesley and kingcy

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
This clip reminds me of ISU athletics, starting at the 54 second mark Clark W Griswold speaks of basketball specifically. NSFW

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk74WprmZxY&feature=related"]YouTube - The Hap Hap Happiest Christmas[/ame]

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
The hardest thing for me to accept is that I think GMac is probably one of the best human beings to ever coach at ISU or at least in my 20+ years of being a fan. We have had almost zero off the court issues and he seems like a man of great integrity. Which means a lot more to me now that I have 2 young boys. But at some point we have to show some signs of life. I really want him to succeed here but the chances of that happening seem slimmer after every ugly loss.

I've been very critical of him and have been from the beginning, but you are absolutely correct about the fact that he is a great person. I just have always thought that he was in over his head at this level.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale

Great post!

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I've been very critical of him and have been from the beginning, but you are absolutely correct about the fact that he is a great person. I just have always thought that he was in over his head at this level.

Agreed, I made lots of comparisons to McD to McCarney when McD was hired.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA

How many times has ISU had to kick their best player off the team in the history of ISU basketball? Didn't Lucca get caught underage at a bar?

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I just heard McCarney speak from McDermott. He talked about having so many young guys and playing Texas and Kansas tough.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Agreed, I made lots of comparisons to McD to McCarney when McD was hired.

Totally agree with you. I think that analogy is perfect.

Man, I'm not asking for much. Had ISU beaten 4 mediocre teams, they would be sitting at 16-4 right now. A few more wins and they would have been in the NIT. Over a three year period, there has been nothing to hang our hats on. Give us something -- a win over a ranked team, a NIT appearance... Sadly, I don't think ISU BB is headed for postseason play any time soon.