MBB Season Tickets

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Tickets in the corners and ends of the balcony will remain a non-donor area. This year the tickets will be $199 each. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
I know someone who called to inquire about getting them with a $5,000-$12,500 donation levels about 3 weeks ago and the ticket office said that they only had like 120 tickets that would be up for sale and that even at those donation levels they could not guarantee that you would get tickets and if you did it would most likely be balcony level only and only probably 2 tickets together (not 4 like they were trying for).

Insane!

Sure you do. You just don't want anyone else trying:tongue:

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Join the usher staff and get paid to watch the games :D best decision of my college career.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I do not remember. Did they already tell us the changes for this year in the FB letter? If I remember right, our seats are now donation only (already doing that) and only $25 more.

No new donor sections were added. The bottom level is all 5k and the donor levels in the balcony all atleast doubled. Still don't need to be a donor to buy tickets in the corners.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Tickets in the corners and ends of the balcony will remain a non-donor area. This year the tickets will be $199 each. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

I respect that Jamie Pollard has gone out of his way to keep the corner balcony a non-donor area with an idea that these are often families of four that otherwise might not be able to buy more expensive season tickets. However, it would a bit more sense to have those areas fall into a $100 donation requirement. Essentially if you have a family of four that is $224 per season ticket for 17 games after the donation is factored in. ($13.25 per ticket) It still irks me that the corner balcony individuals do not have to provide a Cyclone Club donation (I understand that some do but it is not required) and then pay $199 for a season ticket versus those individuals at mid-court in the balcony that pay $425 for a season ticket and effective this year are required to donate a minimum of $2,500.00. From a fairness standpoint that makes little sense.

Last edited:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I respect that Jamie Pollard has gone out of his way to keep the corner balcony a non-donor area with an idea that these are often families of four that otherwise might not be able to buy more expensive season tickets. However, it would a bit more sense to have those areas fall into a $100 donation requirement. Essentially if you have a family of four that is $224 per season ticket for 17 games after the donation is factored in. ($13.25 per ticket) It still irks me that the corner balcony individuals do not have to provide a Cyclone Club donation (I understand that some do but it is not required) and then pay $199 for a season ticket versus those individuals at mid-court in the balcony that pay $425 for a season ticket and effective this year are required to donate a minimum of $2,500.00. From a fairness standpoint that makes little sense.
I'm a little bitter too since I will likely miss on season tickets when I give $1000 per year and most people in the corners give nothing but I think I understand what JP is trying to do. If ISU wants to grow its fanbase, we have to cater to all groups and not just donors, even if that means sacrificing some a little bit of donation money.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
No new donor sections were added. The bottom level is all 5k and the donor levels in the balcony all atleast doubled. Still don't need to be a donor to buy tickets in the corners.

Not sure on the last part. I have a letter or two letting me know that I need to increase my donation in order to buy corner tickets again.
It's not a big increase, and I'm not bothered by it, but they may effectively be donor seating by this point.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Not sure on the last part. I have a letter or two letting me know that I need to increase my donation in order to buy corner tickets again.
It's not a big increase, and I'm not bothered by it, but they may effectively be donor seating by this point.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica

I understand that. My letter from the AD was very clear that an increased donation (of a paltry $25) will be required if I want to order tickets this year. I want the tickets, and I'll gladly pay that amount.

Nominally, it's a non-donor area. If you're there and donating, they'll squeeze a little.

rhino3382

Mar 6, 2012
15 min South of Hilton
I'm a little bitter too since I will likely miss on season tickets when I give $1000 per year and most people in the corners give nothing but I think I understand what JP is trying to do. If ISU wants to grow its fanbase, we have to cater to all groups and not just donors, even if that means sacrificing some a little bit of donation money.
I buy a souvenir cup for 6 bucks each game so I know your not referring to me.

RIPVEISHEA

Mar 27, 2015
I understand that. My letter from the AD was very clear that an increased donation (of a paltry $25) will be required if I want to order tickets this year. I want the tickets, and I'll gladly pay that amount.

Nominally, it's a non-donor area. If you're there and donating, they'll squeeze a little.

Prove it. No way do you currently have corner balcony seats that don't require a donation and they're making you donate to keep you non-donor seats. If you choose not to donate $25 more they're not going to let you renew your tickets? In a non-donor section that doesn't require a donation?

I'm normally a lurker that just reads for entertainment and information, but I call B.S.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Prove it. No way do you currently have corner balcony seats that don't require a donation and they're making you donate to keep you non-donor seats. If you choose not to donate $25 more they're not going to let you renew your tickets? In a non-donor section that doesn't require a donation?

I'm normally a lurker that just reads for entertainment and information, but I call B.S.
About time someone called out CycloneErik!!! :jimlad:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica

I'll dig through the trash for it.

Nice first post, genius.

RIPVEISHEA

Mar 27, 2015
I'll dig through the trash for it.

Nice first post, genius.

It just makes no sense. Why would they kick someone who already gives out of a non-donor section over $25? Just to give your tickets away to someone that doesn't donate at all? I really just want proof that our athletics department would do that.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
It may have come up in a FB thread when the letters came out. I figure they want people to donate more and know that people are willing to buy those tickets if we don't renew any of our group.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
It just makes no sense. Why would they kick someone who already gives out of a non-donor section over $25? Just to give your tickets away to someone that doesn't donate at all? I really just want proof that our athletics department would do that.
Because they're smart enough to understand how hyped our program has become. People will gladly pay a small extra amount to see a top 5 team.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica

It's the way to quietly get some more money. That's how anyone collecting money is going to operate. No big deal.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I honestly think they made a mistake with basketball. We currently sit in Section 232 Row 5 on the mid court aisle. The seats are good but they are still upper level seats. We donate $1400 a year and have held season tickets for over 12 years. But my concern is that even if we up our donation by over a $1,000 (which is no given) it is very likely we will be moved because others coming from the Lower level will have more priority points. I have not received the brochure yet but does it confirm that if you up your donation level that you will be assured your same seats. I cannot believe there are still public tickets for Hilton. At this point every seat should require a $100 donation (no exceptions). That in my opinion is where they screwed this one up.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown

Are you sure you're not confusing that with the price increase for corner tickets? I'm a donor that sits in the corners and never received a letter like that. Of course that could also be because I donate more than your cheap ***:smile:

Reactions: cyrevkah