Matt Tau'fo'ou's Play

Jul 11, 2011
Des Moines
A lot of guys stepped up from not great games last week or played well after not playing last week, and a person I was really happy with was Matt T. He stuffed a couple runs and did quite well in a lot of other plays after not starting. Great job by everyone. Go State!!

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
A lot of guys stepped up from not great games last week or played well after not playing last week, and a person I was really happy with was Matt T. He stuffed a couple runs and did quite well in a lot of other plays after not starting. Great job by everyone. Go State!!

i was impressed with AJ too. knott gets all the glory but there were multiple times when coker was running down hill and klein stopped him dead in his tracks. the unstoppable force met the immovable object. text book on how to stand a large back up and stop him in his tracks.

ShopTalk

Dec 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Agreed. Both AJK and MT played solid run stop all game long. That may be the best run stopping D ISU has had since the 2005 D - at least for this one game.

AArnaud4

Jul 11, 2011
Iowa's inability to get to the second level of our defense was a beneficiary of all these LB's having great games. Meaning the defensive line worked their butts off fighting blocks all day. However Matt T was taking great angles to make plays it seemed like he was just beating that backside tackle through his hole about every run play in the second half.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Jaques Washington also played great. He filled the cutback lane that kept Coker in check all day. A couple guys who were question marks really showed up yesterday.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
I thought he played great last night. His best game as as Clone and thought his play was a big factor in getting the win. Our rush D is really improving.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Matt T never impressed me last season. But man the kid has been a force the last 2 games. He deserves a lot of credit for stepping up his game this year.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I thought he played great last night. His best game as as Clone and thought his play was a big factor in getting the win. Our rush D is really improving.

agree. The thing I like about Matt is it seems like he is able to get really solid shots on the opposing team's ball carriers. I don't know if it's technique or his positioning, but he's had more than a couple big hits the last couple weeks. And while they still only count as one tackle, they help with the momentum.

Really, you can't complain about any of the linebackers. Knott was all over last night, and Klein is a stud as well. They are really the strength of the team. So impressed with the way they move laterally.

nwiaclonefan

Mar 8, 2007

Couldn't agree more, love how the kid has stepped.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron