Matt Robertson is having a good game

bearcats

Dec 15, 2007
Matt Robertson is playing in the div 2 title for Northwest Missouri State and having a very good game. its on espn 2

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
What was the whole story about him leaving? Somebody said he was the sacrificial lamb for Mac as far as the supplement thing. And what WAS he taking?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Wish we knew what it was. I don't think it was any full fledged steroids. Only thing they would say was that it was a banned substance. Just saw him on a replay and I do remember him being quite a bit bulkier.

j_crow

Oct 24, 2007
Ames, IA
Speaking of that championship game...did anyone just see that blocked XP returned by Valdosta State? Talk about being in the right place at the right time...

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Xavior Omon, one of the top players in this game, got some recruiting interest from ISU as an athlete back in 2003. I'm not sure if he got a visit, but there was no offer as Omom didn't receive any D1 offers. It's a no-brainer to say that we could have used him over the past 4 years as he is ranked in the top 25 RB's going into this year's NFL draft.

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
What was the whole story about him leaving? Somebody said he was the sacrificial lamb for Mac as far as the supplement thing. And what WAS he taking?

What we KNOW, is that it was a completely legal supplement that was available to the general public, BUT it was on the NCAA "banned substance list." The rest.... who authorized it, who bought it, who approved it for his use, etc...., etc..... is nothing more than hearsay and "he said -- she said." No reason to speculate or dredge any of it up, IMO.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I am quite into fitness and can tell you that there are several designer steroids that are available over the counter at places like GNC and online at places like bodybuilding.com. Things like Superdrol, Pheraplex, Halodrol are chemically very potent steroids and anyone can buy them and take them legally. In addition there are Aromatise Inhibitors (AI's) such as 6-oxo that act as testosterone increasers. All of these substances are banned by the NCAA, but perfectly legal to purchase. Any teenager can buy them very easily.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I am quite into fitness and can tell you that there are several designer steroids that are available over the counter at places like GNC and online at places like bodybuilding.com. Things like Superdrol, Pheraplex, Halodrol are chemically very potent steroids and anyone can buy them and take them legally. In addition there are Aromatise Inhibitors (AI's) such as 6-oxo that act as testosterone increasers. All of these substances are banned by the NCAA, but perfectly legal to purchase. Any teenager can buy them very easily.

There are also many non-steroids that you can buy from GNC that the NCAA does not allow. When I was buying creatine, glutimine, phosphagin and other protein stuff I alway took it to the head trainer and he checked the ingredients with his NCAA banned substances list.

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
Was what he took banned by the NCAA or was it banned by the Big 12 or even just a Division 1 rule? Division II football is still governed by the NCAA so I would think that if it was an NCAA rule that he would also be inelgible at Nortwest Missouri State. This is just something I don't understand or now all the details on.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
It would have been nice to have him back last year. Matt could really fight through a lto, and was the best tackler on the team two years ago.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron