Matt Fannon (Iowa state womens soccer coach) accused of body shaming/ verbal abuse

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
The athletic department just sent an email announcing the contract extension for a women's soccer coach. I don't recall that happening before outside of the major sports.

They're just going to ignore the accusations, I guess? I don't have strong feelings about this in either direction, other than that I think they need to say something publicly - even if it's just to say they looked into it and found the accusations to be without merit.

Maybe they've watched the way Iowa conducts itself in the face of bad PR and decided there's no consequence for just doing whatever you want.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Sounds like the team hasn't been good and you have a potential PR issue. Why not just move on?

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Agreed with trusting pollard on this one. I don’t think he’d put himself or the athletic department in a vulnerable position at this point.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Allegations aside, JP feels his W/L performance deserves another four years?
A little surprised JP fired up his beloved extension pen on this one.
Women’s sports, where the #8 basketball team starts the season at 11:00 am on a Monday and going winless in conference gets you a big extension.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'm going to assume that JP has a lot more information on the situation than anyone on this board and if he thinks this move is in the best interest of ISU, he's earned the benefit of the doubt from me.
Very true and I absolutely agree. Just from what I know between performance and the allegations just figured we'd move on.