Matt Campbell vs Hayden Fry

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The beatdown in 2016 and then the "Band" incident in 2019 and losing in embarrassing fashion in primetime with Gameday there would be my guess.

2016 was Campbells first year. We did not have a ton of talent that year.
2019 a questionable holding call lead to a punt or it wouldn't have gotten to the poorly fielded punt by ISU. It was a 1 point game so hardly demoralizing.
I think you are taking yourself a bit too seriously.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
2016 was Campbells first year. We did not have a ton of talent that year.
2019 a questionable holding call lead to a punt or it wouldn't have gotten to the poorly fielded punt by ISU. It was a 1 point game so hardly demoralizing.
I think you are taking yourself a bit too seriously.
wait wait.....you forgot to mention the two weather delays that benefitted the visiting team. Can't leave that off. It's part of the spiel.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Lol the butthurt is already flowing
hurt that we're underdogs on the road to a top 10 (preseason) team? nope Hawks have been favored probably 80% of the time in the last 20 years and it's meant absolutely nothing.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
wait wait.....you forgot to mention the two weather delays that benefitted the visiting team. Can't leave that off. It's part of the spiel.

Not really a spiel but ok. That holding call WAS in fact ridiculous and was readily apparent on replay.
The delays did kill momentum for ISU at least once if not twice.

That was a weird game all around. One ISU kicked themselves for losing, but it wasn't embarrassing as you comrade insinuated.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Personally I love a night game. I don't like tailgating at 5am as much as in the afternoon. I haven't gotten blackout drunk for the Iowa game since 2006.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Big12 was forced into being a 10 team league and that was after taking on a mid major program.

This is quite a statement...so if a team shares a conference with schools like ATM, Texas, etc. for a majority of their time, what's that?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Not really a spiel but ok. That holding call WAS in fact ridiculous and was readily apparent on replay.

That was a weird game all around. One ISU kicked themselves for losing, but it wasn't embarrassing as you comrade insinuated.

So ISU's own blocker running over their own punt returner resulting in a fumble that ended the game wasn't an embarrassing play? It was one of the biggest gaffes I can ever remember that played a huge role in deciding the outcome.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

That holding call was so ridiculous lol. You just have to laugh about it at this point but probably the only game in the history of the series decided by the officials

• Haha
Reactions: iahawks