JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Oct 3, 2020; Lawrence, Kansas, USA; Kansas Jayhawks running back Velton Gardner (0) runs against Oklahoma State Cowboys defensive end Tyren Irby (91) during the second half at David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports

Two weeks ago, it would have been hard to imagine the Kansas offense being in a worse situation than it already was considering how much the unit struggled during the team’s first four games.

But, the situation did get worse early last week when star tailback Pooka Williams announced his decision to opt-out of the remainder of the season in order to be closer to home and his mother, who is battling health issues.

Suddenly, a Kansas team that ranks last in the conference in scoring offense and total offense, plus ninth in rushing offense, was without its best, most experienced and most dynamic playmaker. Williams had been one of the few bright spots for the Jayhawks over the previous two seasons in which he...

Continue reading...

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Les Miles could announce that his offensive line is going to be replaced by cardboard cutouts and Campbell would say, "Yeah, that group. Les has them playing... really good discipline. They don't hurt themselves with off-sides penalties or holding calls. They are young, but they work together well. I'm impressed by what he's been able to put together on short notice."

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
I wonder if coach speak develops from getting burned by an underdog, or getting talked down to as the underdog and deciding to not do that yourself?

Reactions: CyBobby

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Les Miles could announce that his offensive line is going to be replaced by cardboard cutouts and Campbell would say, "Yeah, that group. Les has them playing... really good discipline. They don't hurt themselves with off-sides penalties or holding calls. They are young, but they work together well. I'm impressed by what he's been able to put together on short notice."
You forgot"elite attention to their craft."

For the record, I love Campbell, but this take was entirely predictable.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Every great coach tells his team "We will easily defeat this team you don't even have to try". Evert game matters and you can not take any game as a sure victory.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
magoo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: t-noah and Snydes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This game is not going to be fun because we will either lose or win by a lot less than we should. I know, I know,... just win, baby

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
People may mock this method of preparation, but I appreciate Campbell taking the KU offense seriously despite the fact they’re missing Pooka Williams - even if there isn’t anything of that offense left to respect.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
People may mock this method of preparation, but I appreciate Campbell taking the KU offense seriously despite the fact they’re missing Pooka Williams - even if there isn’t anything of that offense left to respect.
They have a dual threat QB ready to carve us up

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I like CMC's disregard to questions like this. Almost all good coaches keep their cards close to their vests and always respect each and every opponent. If we want to be a great team, this is the kind of thing a coach of a great team would say.

If we win by 50 on saturday, he'll probably say we didn't play our best. He has passion in him, you can see it on the sidelines - but you're always going to get vanilla on these kind of questions.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I like CMC's disregard to questions like this. Almost all good coaches keep their cards close to their vests and always respect each and every opponent. If we want to be a great team, this is the kind of thing a coach of a great team would say.

If we win by 50 on saturday, he'll probably say we didn't play our best. He has passion in him, you can see it on the sidelines - but you're always going to get vanilla on these kind of questions.
I am thinking you take that 50, cut it in half, then take that number and cut it in half. Round down or up, doesn't matter, but that's what we win by

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'll have my nutcup on bracing for the latter. I'm personally in desperate need for a rare Matt Campbell blowout
I think the direction of the game is going to be decided by the first two possessions by our offense. If we score a TD in either of those or both, I think it'll be a blow out. If we don't, I'm preparing for an ugly game that makes me want to puke.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron