Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
These quotes by Holland have me suspecting a live-action Miles maybe is in the cards sooner than later

I think Holland has acting asperations beyond being Spider-Man.

I also think they should just keep him on retainer like they did with RDJ. Have him swing into a movie for 2 days of work and add something to it.

Reactions: Scruff

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Sad that we won't get more Spiderman following the MCU formula. Since its all Sony has of marvel, I anticipate them to continue releasing Spiderman related content. Just as I plan to watch yet another remake of batman, I'll likely watch all their future takes on Spidey. For the record: The Disney Junior version is not worth watching, but I like that its getting my 2 year old into Spiderman!

The Spider-verse has quite a bit to draw on that it doesn't "need" the rest of the MCU. I'm ok if at the conclusion of No Way Home that Spider-man and all his associated heroes and villains end up in a separate reality from the MCU. Might make it a little more interesting knowing that the Avengers aren't right around the corner, so to speak, when things are getting crazy in NY.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
The Spider-verse has quite a bit to draw on that it doesn't "need" the rest of the MCU. I'm ok if at the conclusion of No Way Home that Spider-man and all his associated heroes and villains end up in a separate reality from the MCU. Might make it a little more interesting knowing that the Avengers aren't right around the corner, so to speak, when things are getting crazy in NY.

I had never pondered that. I'm so used the multiverse shows bringing new characters into the fold.. Didn't arrowverse do that to get Supergirl into the main universe? I could very easily see them push the Spidey we know out of the main universe as a way to let Sony do what they want and close his chapter in the MCU.

I much prefer this idea:
I also think they should just keep him on retainer like they did with RDJ. Have him swing into a movie for 2 days of work and add something to it.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I had never pondered that. I'm so used the multiverse shows bringing new characters into the fold.. Didn't arrowverse do that to get Supergirl into the main universe? I could very easily see them push the Spidey we know out of the main universe as a way to let Sony do what they want and close his chapter in the MCU.

I much prefer this idea:
Arrowverse did Crisis on Infinite Earths to condense most of the disparate DC/CW shows into a single universe similar to the comic event from the 80's. Although, even at the end, it acknowledged that the multiverse was forming again to let Doom Patrol, Titans, and Stargirl still exist in separate universes.

Technically, all options could be on the table for Spider-man with a multiverse. The could cast a new Peter Parker for the Sony-verse, keep Holland's Parker around for a special occasion in the MCU, bring in a live-action Miles, do even more of the animated ones, etc. Not every thing has to be tightly connected, but the door can be left open for cross-over potential. They could even go the James Bond route with just using new actors for the roles while maintaining the same basic continuity.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Disney has announced they are pushing back the release dates for their 2022 MCU films:

• Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness moved to May 6, 2022 (was March 25)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder moved to July 8, 2022
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever moved to November 11, 2022
  • The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) moved to February 17, 2023
  • GotG Vol 3 is still on-track for May 5, 2023
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania moved to July 28, 2023
  • Untitled Marvel movie moved up from November 10, 2023 to Nov 3, 2023
  • Untitled Marvel movie with October 6, 2023 release date has been completely removed from this schedule

Not MCU but worth noting: Indiana Jones 5 comes out June 30, 2023

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Disney has announced they are pushing back the release dates for their 2022 MCU films:

• Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness moved to May 6, 2022 (was March 25)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder moved to July 8, 2022
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever moved to November 11, 2022
  • The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2) moved to February 17, 2023
  • GotG Vol 3 is still on-track for May 5, 2023
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania moved to July 28, 2023
  • Untitled Marvel movie moved up from November 10, 2023 to Nov 3, 2023
  • Untitled Marvel movie with October 6, 2023 release date has been completely removed from this schedule

Not MCU but worth noting: Indiana Jones 5 comes out June 30, 2023

Suck. I thought we were past this crap..... uggggghhhh....

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Bingeing What if. Just finished dr strange. What in the hell…. Plan to finish these today. Anything I need to know to make sense of these? Especially as they fit into the larger MCU?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Bingeing What if. Just finished dr strange. What in the hell…. Plan to finish these today. Anything I need to know to make sense of these? Especially as they fit into the larger MCU?

They don't really fit in. Some people think they will but I doubt it.

Reactions: JM4CY

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
As someone who has never seen anything in the marvel universe before...is there a certain order to watch these movies in?

houjix

Jul 21, 2021

It's the Multiverse. It all fits in and none of it fits in.

Reactions: CycloneErik

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
As someone who has never seen anything in the marvel universe before...is there a certain order to watch these movies in?

There's the release date order and the in universe timeline order. Either works.

Reactions: Gorm

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Your going to start a massive debate. Release date is how I would go. I think it will make more sense.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It's the Multiverse. It all fits in and none of it fits in.
large

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Your going to start a massive debate. Release date is how I would go. I think it will make more sense.

For first time, yeah, I'd go release date order. Otherwise, you will run into some post-credit scenes which jump around in time and don't make sense. For subsequent watches, I'd do timeline order. I'm actually currently smack dab in the middle of a whole MCU timeline order rewatch myself.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Eternals review embargo is lifted and is currently sitting at a somewhat mixed 72% reaction. For a movie where we've heard behind the scenes very strong positivity for a while now within the Marvel Studios camp, I'm a bit surprised it is this mixed. I had even heard Feige thought this was his Oscar contender. Anyway, based on what reviews are saying, I honestly have zero clue if I will like this movie or not. I haven't exactly digged the limited trailers I've seen.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

This has quietly become one of my most anticipated anything MCU. I'm just digging everything I'm seeing put out, and it helps that with any new info I hear, I only become more and more convinced Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk will appear as the big bad of the show. I'm getting strong shades of Die Hard here and there which is speaking my language. Is it bad I'm way more excited about this than The Eternals?

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid