Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That was my thought exactly. Nondescript generic bad guys are a red flag. Mysterio is setting it up to look like the hero and then his real plot will be revealed.

Basically Syndrome from the first Incredibles movie?

Reactions: cyhiphopp

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Black Panther is a Best Picture nominee at the Academy Awards. Also nominated for Production Design, Costume Design, Original Song, Original Score, Sound Mixing, & Sound Editing

Into the Spider-verse is nominated for Best Animated Film.

Infinity War is nominated for Best Visual Effects

• Winner
Reactions: Triggermv

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I’m through 5 episodes of Punisher S2: this season has picked up right where S1 left off. The action is the best of any of the Netflix-Marvel shows. Jon Bernthal owns the role of the Punisher.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm 5 in too. That said, I do not get the "Frank on the lam in Michigan/Girl" storyline, and all of the time they've invested in it.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I too have started The Punisher S2 and have watched only 3 episodes so far. Episode 1 was great and 2 and 3 were decent. We'll see how it plays out from here.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think I'm on E8 now... I'd say I don't get some of the choices they are making this season. I think some story lines could have been eliminated entirely. Maybe they'll wrap up in a satisfying way, but Season seems a little jumbled right now where S1 was fast, it was on rails, and I couldn't wait to get to the next one.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Any new updates on how The Punisher S2 is coming for everyone that is currently watching it? It seems like quite a few of us are currently working our way through. I've got 4 episodes down.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-deal-complete-june-2019/

The latest update looks like the Disney-Fox deal isn't expected to completely close until June of this year now. While everything seems to be going smoothly there, man, its crazy how many things they've got to do to pull off a deal of this magnitude. In the meantime, until this thing officially closes, don't expect to see any Fox Marvel characters getting mixed into the MCU.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Any new updates on how The Punisher S2 is coming for everyone that is currently watching it? It seems like quite a few of us are currently working our way through. I've got 4 episodes down.

I finished it! Snow day yesterday gave me the time to power through. I will say this, I think the writers and producers of the show must have been told that the Marvel Netflix universe is done because it actually does have a sort of definitive end, which is nice. While Luke Cage wasn't my favorite show, I did think the end of S2 was great and I was looking forward to what they could do.

My big takeaways, as non spoilery as I can be:

1. While the storyline with the Schultz', Pilgrim, and Amy, while ultimately fine, I don't think needed to be a part of the season at all. You could literally have a supercut of S2 with none of it and nothing would be lost overall. That said, I liked the characters, Pilgrim was very menacing, but the storyline seemed to try to do two things - get Frank back to New York, and humanize Frank and give him a new motivation. I just think there was too much of it.

2. I think the cast in Punisher was the best of the all the Netflix shows. If nothing else, that will be my takeaway. Curtis, Mahoney, Madani, Russo, I think all of these characters were compelling. I really liked Madani the whole way though and I was just as interested in her storyline as much as Frank's which is really saying something because I used to read Punisher comics 25 years ago.

3. This does ultimately make me pour one out for our shared "street level" heroes. I really, really liked Daredevil and Punisher, and ultimately cared more about these heroes than the Avengers, because they are both mentally and physically vulnerable. I hope there is an avenue to these guys finding a place again in the overall MCU.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Not really a surprise, but worth noting for current Netflix subscribers:

Captain Marvel will be the first MCU film to be "exclusively" available on the Disney+ streaming service (after it's theatrical release, of course)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/you-wont-be-able-to-watch-captain-marvel-on-netflix-1832392530

giphy.gif

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
The Russo's say that the runtime for Avengers: Endgame is currently at 3 hours.

http://collider.com/avengers-endgame-runtime-update/

They are still making edits, but with 2 months until release I'm guessing that will be pretty close to the final runtime.

A long run-time doesn't scare me as long as they put out a quality product. That just gives me more time to eat popcorn and avoid errands.

Bring it!