Help: Major redirection issue with Safari on iPhone

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Are you guys just getting this with Safari? Have you tried chrome? Curious as I haven't had the issue with chrome but when I jumped on safari to try was getting the same issue.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Are you guys just getting this with Safari? Have you tried chrome? Curious as I haven't had the issue with chrome but when I jumped on safari to try was getting the same issue.

I've had even worse issues trying to use CF on Chrome - for instance, I'll start typing a post and the keyboard closes. I click on the text box to type again and it closes again. And again. And again. To the point where it takes me 10 minutes to type out a simple paragraph.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I've had even worse issues trying to use CF on Chrome - for instance, I'll start typing a post and the keyboard closes. I click on the text box to type again and it closes again. And again. And again. To the point where it takes me 10 minutes to type out a simple paragraph.
Thanks because as soon as I wrote that chrome started doing it to me :mad: Had been working on an Cyclone ios app that you could browse CycloneFanatic but even it started acting up on that as well.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
This issue just started today for me. Same story, iPhone/safari.... CF practically unusable- every page I open it pops up. Quite frustrating!

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
Yup I keep getting a full screen Target Ad that is impossible to X out of on an iPhone. Really annoying and doesn't go away. Makes the site impossible to use.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
BTW. Has the ap been completely discounted? It doesn't work worth a darn either but maybe I missed a memo.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This is the worst part about this new redirect issue:

attachment.php

No choice but to hit the OK button and get taken to the site.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 198

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

attachment.php

Had this same problem today. Went to my iPhone settings and wiped my browser history; that was the only way I could avoid having to hit the OK button

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames

attachment.php

I'm having this problem on my i-Phone now. Hopefully CF's tech team can address it soon. Impossible to read the forums.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I've been running into this problem on other sites as well. It's got to be some kind of bug in the iPhone/Safari.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
We're looking into it guys...I do think it is an iPhone/Safari thing as I've had the same issue on other sites with mine.

I know the mobile capabilities for our site are terrible but the new site is almost done. Should be up in the next few weeks. All we really have to finish are the forums.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
We're looking into it guys...I do think it is an iPhone/Safari thing as I've had the same issue on other sites with mine.

I know the mobile capabilities for our site are terrible but the new site is almost done. Should be up in the next few weeks. All we really have to finish are the forums.

I have a lot of issues on Android mobile (Chrome) that include multi-quotes reappearing after I've already posted replies using the quotes, post editing issues, reply issues including a page reload when I try to click on the text box...

I'm anxiously waiting for the new site and I hope the mobile issues go away.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Arrrgh! Redirects to this on every other click!!!!
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 30