Maddy Wise does her part taking down the EIU for IUPUI

FouchodeHond

Dec 6, 2015
Maddie has to be pumped. A big comeback win after last year’s loss. Plus it has to feel like beating the Blau Frau twice in a season.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
This year anyone that has anything to do with Iowa basketball wants nothing to do with cyclone.

Wonmen and womens game against them
Beat Xavier with former Hawkeye Jack nunge on that team
Wise In this game
Beat Chicago state with Carlo Marble.

I'm giving Carlo a pass. Yes his is dad was a Hawk.....but didn't hate ISU. In fact the late Roy Marble was very instrumental in getting Monte Morris to ISU.

CY22

Sep 14, 2008
IA
Highlights:

4563b23f9731a572aff7fea9471517b913999cd1.gif

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Lol fouls were 15-13. So probably.

Also, Clark complaining that ISU shooting so many free throws allowed them to get back on defense easier was one of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever seen from an athlete.
Especially when Iowa State leaves NOBODY to rebound an attempted free throw but Bludger has four rebounders standing around with an 83% they will have nothing to do.

Speaking of having no rebounders on free throw attempts, I think that sends so many messages; the shooter has to concentrate a little harder knowing a miss is effectively 100% same as a turnover, the other team gets a little discouraged that our free throw percentage is so good that we don't need to rebound, the rebounders look foolish being forced to stand and watch helpless with nothing to do, and it reduces the exposure to an offsetting foul in the typical pushing and shoving during the shot because you are outnumbered 2 to 1 and out-positioned by design. I think the men's team should work on their free throws a lot harder.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Especially when Iowa State leaves NOBODY to rebound an attempted free throw but Bludger has four rebounders standing around with an 83% they will have nothing to do.

Speaking of having no rebounders on free throw attempts, I think that sends so many messages; the shooter has to concentrate a little harder knowing a miss is effectively 100% same as a turnover, the other team gets a little discouraged that our free throw percentage is so good that we don't need to rebound, the rebounders look foolish being forced to stand and watch helpless with nothing to do, and it reduces the exposure to an offsetting foul in the typical pushing and shoving during the shot because you are outnumbered 2 to 1 and out-positioned by design. I think the men's team should work on their free throws a lot harder.
Many coaches do that because they look at it like a mini time out

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It keeps your players fresher since they can walk to the other end and wait. It also allows them to "build their wall" on defense and not allow any type of transition basket.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That would be very surprising. There are very few if any programs that do that.

Probably right, especially for an afternoon game, maybe multiply by 50%. Good rule of thumb for our regular WBB games is to take the announced attendance by 60-70% or so.

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
4600 per box score and I believe they report actual attendance. Their attendance has actually been very good for WBB since Megan Gustafson and have been Top 10 most years.
Their attendance numbers have been up. The team has been good, and the price of admission is a lot more affordable than the men's.