Lowering the boom

daphins

Jun 9, 2010
I'm disappointed to see how clones fans on here treat Boomer, and "insiders" in general.

I post consistently at a Miami Dolphins site that has some solid insiders. They drop nuggets about the draft, injuries, etc. Sometimes they're right....sometimes they're wrong. But consistently, we know that they are insiders. Insiders get used by the machine sometimes, sometimes they're right, but things change. They should not however have to worry about getting gang jobbed because they are wrong.

Understand that Boomer is doing you a favor by posting here. He was wrong sometimes, but he was right a lot too. He was the first to say that OU was unhappy with Texas when A&M was leaving, he may get specifics wrong and have a pro-OU stance....but he's a fan. He's entitled.

Without people like Boom, this would be another lame board with people that only have opinions. Take what he says, or leave it. But y'all should lay off him a bit.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
I agree. CF chases off a lot of people - posters go into attack mode whenever someone claims to have a "source."

Right or wrong, why the attacks? CF is a great site partly due to its diversity (fewer Hawks would be nice tho).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If all you've seen is Boomer's posts on this site, i see why you might have this opinion. If you've followed his twitter, you'd see why so many on this site dont like him anymore. Does he have some sources at OU? Yes. Did he make a whole lot of **** up? Yes. Was he a complete ********* throughout much of the process? Yes.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
If all you've seen is Boomer's posts on this site, i see why you might have this opinion. If you've followed his twitter, you'd see why so many on this site dont like him anymore.
As I recall, it seemed as though he gave ISU the ole cleaveland steamer more than once. :twitcy:

daphins

Jun 9, 2010
If all you've seen is Boomer's posts on this site, i see why you might have this opinion. If you've followed his twitter, you'd see why so many on this site dont like him anymore. Does he have some sources at OU? Yes. Did he make a whole lot of **** up? Yes. Was he a complete ********* throughout much of the process? Yes.

I've seen his twitter, and choose not to follow it. Like I said, he's a fan and is entitled. He's refrained from trotting around our board with the stuff he posts on twitter. For the most part, he's Ben pretty pro on our board.....which is more than I can say for a lot of the responses he's received.

If he were here preaching the superiority of OU, I might agree. But he hasn't. He's been pretty respectful and actually complimentary to our school. There's no need for the knows he's taken.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Honestly, when people talk flippantly about something that affects not only our athletic programs (which are many CFer's main hobby) but our university in general (which is many CFer's alma mater), they are running the risk of drawing some ire. I remember last summer when Jon Miller was talking about how exciting the whole thing was. He got pasted here. And he apologized for that tone when it was pointed out to him. Just because the topic of conversation has no direct bearing on you personally, it doesn't mean that it does not have a major effect on others...especially here.

Boomer's a good poster, but he probably should know how OU's flirtation with the P12 and the way he talked about it would anger people here.

Soonerfaninia

Sep 17, 2011
I've seen his twitter, and choose not to follow it. Like I said, he's a fan and is entitled. He's refrained from trotting around our board with the stuff he posts on twitter. For the most part, he's Ben pretty pro on our board.....which is more than I can say for a lot of the responses he's received.

If he were here preaching the superiority of OU, I might agree. But he hasn't. He's been pretty respectful and actually complimentary to our school. There's no need for the knows he's taken.
I have no idea who he is(SF)..i am from oklahoma..grew up on OU Football....and found ISU because i LOVE a man who LOVES ISU......so we share the TV and football....I have slowly become an ISU FBALL fan (OU still my fave..but i like the coach for isu) and my fiancee has learned that college does not equal wrestling..it's a great trade-off...HE now cheers for my ou football and I watch BIG TEN NETWORK..wrestling...so it is great!!!..BTW, thanks for allowing me on the forums..I like drinking and loose men...and ummmm fast cars:)

Last edited:
Reactions: InCytful

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
I have no idea who he is(SF)..i am from oklahoma..grew up on OU Football....and found ISU because i LOVE a man who LOVES ISU......so we share the TV and football....I have slowly become an ISU FBALL fan (OU still my fave..but i like the coach for isu) and my fiancee has learned that college does not equal wrestling..it's a great trade-off...HE now cheers for my ou football and I watch BIG TEN NETWORK..wrestling...so it is great!!!..BTW, thanks for allowing me on the forums..I like drinking and loose men...and ummmm fast cars:)

We can tell. Haha