Louisiana Now Ranked ... We're Not

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
With the Big 10 coming back ISU will not see rankings anytime soon, which is fine.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
IN all fairness, I am 46 years old. Most years I would love to be "others receiving votes". However, the hype machine got me again this year. I never believe an Iowa State hype machine but I thought possibly we would be good. Nope. I am not sure who the "Others" are in the people voting for us. However, it has to be because so many teams are not playing.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I said this to a friend when watching the game Saturday...

My only previous knowledge of ULL was the fact that in the NCAA football game in my college years, they were the lowest rated team in the game. I know that because I built them into a national powerhouse on that game.

I used to love doing that in that game. After I would build ISU into a powerhouse I would go to the lowest rated team who offered me a contract at the end of the season. One game I played so many seasons into it, my 5th job I think was Texas because they dropped so low after ISU took over the conference.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

GeauxUL

Sep 12, 2020
That's true. These small schools should pay us to play.
Oooof.

Well, while we are not a large school, at ~20K I don't think we are really conisdered to be a small school either. But we obviously have the better football team though, lol.

Speaking of not looking good, what was the deal with the field last Saturday? It looked very tired and worn out. I heard from several non-UL fans who had watched, and they said the same thing. Just wondering why it was not prepped better...esp for a nationally televised game.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Oooof.

Well, while we are not a large school, at ~20K I don't think we are really conisdered to be a small school either. But we obviously have the better football team though, lol.

Speaking of not looking good, what was the deal with the field last Saturday? It looked very tired and worn out. I heard from several non-UL fans who had watched, and they said the same thing. Just wondering why it was not prepped better...esp for a nationally televised game.

It rained here for literally a week straight prior to the game. I'd imagine they couldn't get it dry enough to paint.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I used to love doing that in that game. After I would build ISU into a powerhouse I would go to the lowest rated team who offered me a contract at the end of the season. One game I played so many seasons into it, my 5th job I think was Texas because they dropped so low after ISU took over the conference.

I can’t remember which version it was, but I would create myself as a stud DL at ISU. After 4 heismans and 4 national championships, I’d opt to go into coaching. I’d of course choose to coach ISU to continue the dynasty. I always thought it was funny that a coach who just won 4 national titles would be replaced by one of his players with no coaching experience.

• Funny

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I can’t remember which version it was, but I would create myself as a stud DL at ISU. After 4 heismans and 4 national championships, I’d opt to go into coaching. I’d of course choose to coach ISU to continue the dynasty. I always thought it was funny that a coach who just won 4 national titles would be replaced by one of his players with no coaching experience.

The player replacing the coach makes about as much sense as a DL winning 4 Heismans. Video game logic...

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Nope. I am not sure who the "Others" are in the people voting for us.

Only 2 people have ISU in top 25 still:

Poll Tracker, Iowa State
Pope has us at #25, with UL at #23. Lawson must not have known about the game at all or has ISU confused with someone else -- has ISU at #13 and Louisiana unranked (had ISU #20 in previous poll -- several he "jumped" are teams currently not playing).

• Informative

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am about out of things to say about Saturdays performance. I appreciate guys like CW, Bluhm, Ben Bruns etc trying to sooth the fan base the last few days, but until I see otherwise, I'm convinced we have a big giant steaming turd on our hands with this team. No amount of sugar could coat the travesty that took place at JTS on Saturday. We outgained them in total offense and T.o.P? Well, they scored twice on special teams, so a lot is open to interpretation there. Very good chance they beat us on the field and in the box score without those big Special Teams plays. Our offense sucks, the defense played well but everybody and their mother has figured out how to beat our defense by now. It is too soft, and makes wally burnhams bend but don't break d's look like the purple people eaters.

The fact that our once vaunted coach and coaching staff could fail so badly to scheme around the talent on this team is really taking some of the polish off. 4 yards per completed pass, are we witnessing the 2nd coming of the Brett Meyer career trajectory or something? Hoping to God they can figure it out, but my faith is shaken.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
Only 3 down linemen means your middle linebacker better be able to tackle. #34 was flat out AWFUL. I think we really miss Spears.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Asking because I can't decide. Is that a block in the back by #44 against #6 at the 1:38 mark during the start of that kick return? Or does it just look that way because of the camera angle and slow motion?

It's impossible to tell since the block starts off camera. For example, if the UL player approaches the ISU player from the side and and the last possible split second the ISU player turns and presents his back, that will never get called.