Louisiana Now Ranked ... We're Not

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not much of a surprise there. Need to get a W down at TCU. If that doesn't happen I hope we at least compete for 4 qtrs.

TuckerBlayze

May 17, 2009
UL will more than likely go undefeated or maybe lose one game the rest of the year.

They are very well coached and totally out schemed our coaching staff. We are not good enough to have starters out and play that terribly on special teams and expect to beat a solid team like UL

Honestly...it real showed that there was no spring practice this year. Way to much rust on offense...coaching and players both!

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
UL will more than likely go undefeated or maybe lose one game the rest of the year.

They are very well coached and totally out schemed our coaching staff. We are not good enough to have starters out and play that terribly on special teams and expect to beat a solid team like UL

Honestly...it real showed that there was no spring practice this year. Way to much rust on offense...coaching and players both!

Yeah you could really tell UL wasn’t firing on all cylinders.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Is it really that big of an upset if they are now ranked? Sure, it was an upset. But not that big.
No. The end of season computer rankings from last year had them only a couple spots below us. That was pretty close to a toss up game. One teams gets two special teams touchdowns, the other fails on 4th down conversions multiple times and you have yourself a 17 point loss.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I actually wasn't all that impressed with them. That high powered offense did nothing outside of one play. I mean, you can't really depend on special teams TDs every week and it's not like they had Devin Hester back there. Poor kick coverage got them 2 TDs...add in some mistakes from ISU and that was enough. They did seem well coached and I liked their DB play. But I thought that our DL was the best unit on the field.

Even if they go undefeated, I think that they'd get worked in a bowl game against an actual good P5 team that is able to get out of it's own way. And I wouldn't count on that HC being around next year.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yeah you could really tell UL wasn’t firing on all cylinders.
They really weren't though. Our defense pretty much shut down their offense, it was our offense that cost us the game. Even with the two special team disasters we were still in that football game. Special teams 100% falls on the staff but offensively things were there for the taking but we couldn't complete a a routine throw. I love Brock but damn he was really really bad on Saturday. Even most of his completions were poor throws. He clearly missed not having his safety valve out there but still...

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The better team won, plain and simple. Without big improvement at LB and a WR1 emerging (hopefully Kolar can fill that role), we're going to struggle all year. Kolar's abscence obviously exaggerated it but man do we miss Pettway. At this point, it looks like we don't have a WR capable of going and making a play when we need one. Pettway's physicality and route running meant he could always get open for the slant/hitches etc.. that pick up first downs. ULL's DB's just physically dominated our guys. That was probably the most concerning thing long term IMO. We need another playmaker besides Kolar.