Looks like the Price of ESPN+/Big 12 Now is going up

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Going up 43% according to Sports Business Journal.

Now will be $9.99 a month/$99.99 a year.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
Going up 43% according to Sports Business Journal.

Now will be $9.99 a month/$99.99 a year.

Already cancelled ESPN+. It provides such little content that I enjoy I can’t justify it.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Bet they price a lot of people out. There will also be plenty of people that decide with the high cost of living that ESPN+ is a waste.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I wonder what this does to the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle.
Yeah, this is my question. I basically have ESPN+ because of this bundle. I was going to get Disney and Hulu anyway, and with the bundle ESPN+ was basically free. If that changes I'll subscribe individually and drop ESPN. The only thing I have ever watched on there are a few ISU ball games. I'll either add the service just for the months I need for hoops games, or do without. ESPN+ is mostly worthless for me.

• Agree
Reactions: tzjung

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I think this really will backfire eventually. I might pay such a rate if I could get every single ISU fb and bb game but there are a lot of fans in my shoes and after paying a few services for the family content I'm not going to pay another 10 a month, unless I get everything I want, which I doubt this would do. The market is so spread out already that even people that used to pay 100 or more a monthfor cable aren't probably going to spend that much on a half dozen or more separate subscriptions to try and recapture what they used to have. I've already gotten used to catching highlights or radio for ISU and other midwest things that aren't on in AZ that I used to get 'for free' after just paying cable.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
For $10 a month, I still see ESPN+ as a good deal. Especially when I only need to subscribe for about 6 months of the year. Small price to pay to watch about half the Cyclone hoops games. Plus it allows access to subscriber only content on the ESPN website.

My only complaint is ESPN hasn't invested much in the look/user interface of the platform.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
For $10 a month, I still see ESPN+ as a good deal. Especially when I only need to subscribe for about 6 months of the year. Small price to pay to watch about half the Cyclone hoops games. Plus it allows access to subscriber only content on the ESPN website.

My only complaint is ESPN hasn't invested much in the look/user interface of the platform.
The interface is very clunky. But yeah, if it has Iowa State football and hoops, I’ll pay $10 a month.