Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
A combo of Palpatine and Skeletor

5190812-skeletor+and+panthor.jpg

He's even got a purple cat like Willy

Well, that's the best call I've heard all day.

Panthor seals it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My guess is Jankovich replaces Weber and Leavitt replaces "the wizard."

Skeletor was a wizard, too. All the proof I need.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Do you really think anyone would hire Leavitt as a P5 head coach after how he left South Florida? I think the press would have a field day with that.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Do you really think anyone would hire Leavitt as a P5 head coach after how he left South Florida? I think the press would have a field day with that.
The other football candidate would be Brent Venables. I don't know how Laird would evaluate it, frankly. Leavitt has been outspoken in pursuing the job. Venables has only alluded to it. Brent the much younger, of course. Both off Snyder's tree.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The other football candidate would be Brent Venables. I don't know how Laird would evaluate it, frankly. Leavitt has been outspoken in pursuing the job. Venables has only alluded to it. Brent the much younger, of course.

Of course Leavitt wants the job. No other P5 would hire him as a head coach with his history at USF.

Venables might be able to parlay his current job into an SEC head job some day, so KSU might be a tough sell.

KSU is going to be tough for anyone but Snyder to be really successful at. Bill just does so much more with less.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
In all seriousness

Illinois at some point has to move on from Groce, so I wouldn't be shocked if Jank gets a look there. Maybe Norm Roberts at KU gets a look at Illinois too.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Venables would be the most popular choice following Snyder, including mine. Depends on how his cancer is doing on whether he'll be replaced anytime soon. So says Captain Obvious, here.

Venables played with Veatch. Leavitt coached both at State.

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Will this.move actually save Weber at least another year? I dont know if Currie would can him & hire a new coach on his way out.the.door..

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Will this.move actually save Weber at least another year? I dont know if Currie would can him & hire a new coach on his way out.the.door..
If K-State makes "the dance," Weber will get another year. If not, I believe his days in Manhattan are over. Certainly, Currie moving on makes the choice easier, both ways. If Currie had stayed, I'm confident Weber would be gone if not dancing in March. The new A.D. has more freedom with the move, a grace period with fans. Currie was on the hot seat here over the Weber hire and pretty much from the first day. Many fans were upset. Such a basketball power, you know.:rolleyes:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Should have hired Brad Underwood last year. He's a billion times better coach than Weber.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Should have hired Brad Underwood last year. He's a billion times better coach than Weber.
I'm guessing Jankovich replaces Weber, if Bruce doesn't make "the dance" this year and some alum doesn't come up with $6 million to buy out Underwood's oSu contract.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
What happened at USF?

Leavitt was accused of being over the top with his players. Smacked one of them, evidently. Fired. Not unlike Mangino.

From the Jim Leavitt wikipedia article:
"On January 8, 2010, Leavitt was fired after an investigation by USF officials found that he had struck a player in the locker room during halftime of a game against Louisville the previous November 21. Leavitt claimed he was merely trying to console the player and never struck him. School officials found that Leavitt was not truthful about what happened, and also found that he had interfered with the investigation.[7] ESPN's Ivan Maisel reported that Leavitt's interference, which included telling several players and coaches to change their stories, was the biggest factor in the decision to fire him.[8] The Tampa Tribune reported that school president Judy Genshaft and athletic director Doug Woolard felt they had no choice but to fire Leavitt after he refused to admit he had done anything wrong.[9] Running backs coach Carl Franks was named interim coach of the Bulls[10] until January 14, 2010, when Skip Holtz was hired as head coach."

Leavitt refused to admit to any wrongdoing and pretty much forced USF to fire someone who had built their program from the ground up. Pretty dumb move by Jim.

I think it would be a PR nightmare for KSU to bring him in as HC. Even if he didn't do anything, it's already out of the bag.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron