Looking for good ac/heat contractor in Des Moines

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
My mom lives in Des Moines and her AC went out yesterday. Guy came out, don't know from where, said the electrical was fried by water leaking in from unit above (still trying to determine the source for certain, that's a story for another day.)

He quoted her $1800 to fix the electrical parts but no guarantee it would work. Better off replacing the whole system for $7500. I could be wrong but I thought that sounded high for a unit serving a 1200 sf condo.

There may be insurance implications to worry about later if it was truly caused by a water leak but for now just want to get the thing fixed. Any suggestions who she should call for a second opinion?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
When we lived in WDM we had good luck with Bell Brothers, but that was a long time ago.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I just had Bryant IA Heating and Cooling out of Ankeny put in a new AC unit. They did a good job and the price was about 3k less.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Des Moines Comfort. Lee Rose the owner is a great guy. They do a great job for us on all our new construction and remodeling work,

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Aspen Aire and Schall. Avoid Golden Rule! Tried to cheat my mother by selling her an unnecessary "fix" for like $500. Had another vendor come in for a second opinion and they fixed it for $75 and there hasn't been any issue since. Golden Rule is a JOKE!

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
Aspen Aire and Schall. Avoid Golden Rule! Tried to cheat my mother by selling her an unnecessary "fix" for like $500. Had another vendor come in for a second opinion and they fixed it for $75 and there hasn't been any issue since. Golden Rule is a JOKE!

I was going to post the same thing: avoid golden rule like the plague

I think they were going for some ironic joke with how they named the company

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I will never use golden rule again after I did. Their "upfront pricing" is terribly overpriced. We've used Service Legends for several years now including for a new furnace install and I have never had a problem with them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron