Looking for ADA seating for two

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I have been cleared by my doc to go to games, but I am still non-weight-bearing and have to use a wheelchair. Can't get to our seats, so I tried to exchange tickets for ADA seating but there are no ADA seats open for the rest of the season. :(

If you have ADA seats that you won't be using for the any of the next 3-4 games, I would love to buy them from you.

Thanks!

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I have been cleared by my doc to go to games, but I am still non-weight-bearing and have to use a wheelchair. Can't get to our seats, so I tried to exchange tickets for ADA seating but there are no ADA seats open for the rest of the season. :(

If you have ADA seats that you won't be using for the any of the next 3-4 games, I would love to buy them from you.

Thanks!

Right now, I don't see us missing any games but, if we do, I'll give you first chance. you're wanting men's games i'm assuming?

• Dumb
Reactions: Ayagi

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Yes, and THANK YOU!

It's possible I may be able to go to some of the later games under my own steam, but I don't even start weight bearing PT until the 31st. If that goes well, WVU and MAYBE OU are possibilities. But thanks again for keeping me in mind!

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Yes, and THANK YOU!

It's possible I may be able to go to some of the later games under my own steam, but I don't even start weight bearing PT until the 31st. If that goes well, WVU and MAYBE OU are possibilities. But thanks again for keeping me in mind!

Of course I'll keep you in mind. I can't promise that we'll know quick enough because it's usually a weather issue that causes us to miss (almost didn't try Texas last weekend but, we made it)

Hope PT goes well and you heal and progress quickly!!

• Dumb
Reactions: Ayagi

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
WOW this post got a a dumb rating SMH :)
IMO, what happens in the cave STAYS in the cave.
On a positive note, I get to start walking with the boot next week. If I do okay on the stairs at home, I may try the stairs at Hilton. Just wish there weren't quite so many of them!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
On a positive note, I get to start walking with the boot next week. If I do okay on the stairs at home, I may try the stairs at Hilton. Just wish there weren't quite so many of them!
Ask some nice strapping young frat boys to carry you to your seat??

• Haha
Reactions: riceville98

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa

sounds like great progress. Hope it continues. What row are your regular seats (lots of stairs?)

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Row 9 of the upper balcony. So stairs up to the building, stairs up to the upper deck, and stairs up to row 9. Could be worse. Could be row 20...

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Actually you could get enter the building on the west side (ramp), go up from mezz to concourse (elevator). But I got nothing to get to your seat.
Yeah - I know about the elevator. I had to use it when I had foot surgery. It cuts off some stairs, but makes a longer walk. :D

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
That's the bizarre part of all of this. We went to a game right before the surgery. I was having enough trouble that he dropped me off and went to park. He wasn't able to find a space in the designated ADA lots, and wasn't able to cross over to our normal lot to park and ended up parking clear out by JTS. THEN, when I waited for him at the west entrance while he went to get the car, we discovered that no vehicles are allowed to come in there to pick the people up. Drop offs only. I saw elderly people trying to shove wheelchairs up over Center Drive to get to lot B3. It wasn't pretty. And from the lot he was in, he had to go south, turn right onto South 4th, right again on Beach, and then argue with the guys "guarding" Center Drive to get them to let him come pick me up. Took him about 25 minutes to get to me. What a Charlie Foxtrot...

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
That's the bizarre part of all of this. We went to a game right before the surgery. I was having enough trouble that he dropped me off and went to park. He wasn't able to find a space in the designated ADA lots, and wasn't able to cross over to our normal lot to park and ended up parking clear out by JTS. THEN, when I waited for him at the west entrance while he went to get the car, we discovered that no vehicles are allowed to come in there to pick the people up. Drop offs only. I saw elderly people trying to shove wheelchairs up over Center Drive to get to lot B3. It wasn't pretty. And from the lot he was in, he had to go south, turn right onto South 4th, right again on Beach, and then argue with the guys "guarding" Center Drive to get them to let him come pick me up. Took him about 25 minutes to get to me. What a Charlie Foxtrot...

Ok now you're going to get me started. The no pick up thing is the STUPEST THING EVER and doesn't speak well of ISU. We usually push me to the car but, on the rare chance that we want to pick up, Here's what we do

1) Hang around in our seats for 10 minutes after the game
2) go down to level 2 and sit in the lobby for 10 minutes
3) go get the car, by this time, the parking guys have gone off duty and center drive should be open thus allowing pick-up

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We always stay until the band is done, so step one is easily accomplished. Parking lot was a mess (I should have mentioned that this was the Iowa game...), and even after our slow egress, there were still tons of cars.
I couldn't believe how poorly organized they have made the exit for the ADA fans. You have my sympathy, as I at least have an end to my need for the ADA assistance.

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98