Lipsey

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I was dogging him in the first half last night, he looked awkward for a starting point guard in the Big 12, but hats off to him. he shook it off and came out with the eyed of the tiger down the stretch.

He really took the NCAA tournament loss hard last year. He personally took a lot of the blame for Pitt packing it in. Of course it wasn't his fault, but he took it on himself anyway and vowed to make himself a threat to help open things up. You can tell he is so determined and that bad experience last year is paying off now.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I was dogging him in the first half last night, he looked awkward for a starting point guard in the Big 12, but hats off to him. he shook it off and came out with the eyed of the tiger down the stretch.

He really took the NCAA tournament loss hard last year. He personally took a lot of the blame for Pitt packing it in. Of course it wasn't his fault, but he took it on himself anyway and vowed to make himself a threat to help open things up. You can tell he is so determined and that bad experience last year is paying off now.
You weren’t the only one. Not sure why I ever look in the game day thread.

Seems we have a lot of Lipsey haters, Settles lovers, and a mod who hates Emily Ryan.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I was ready for him to be benched at half. As bad as he was in the first, however, he was great in the second. No way we win without him.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You weren’t the only one. Not sure why I ever look in the game day thread.

Seems we have a lot of Lipsey haters, Settles lovers, and a mod who hates Emily Ryan.

The whole team, coaches and maybe even program in general were getting it last night.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He started the game terribly. Had a few turnovers, got a couple shots blocked, then flipped a switch. He and Curtis Jones took over from there.

Curtis Jones is our best player right now. Prove me wrong. Have you ever seen a player improve as much during a season? He did it while the competition level ramped up too.
Curtis is probably the best all-around offensive player and most consistent.

He doesn't start and might be leading ISU in minutes in Big 12 play, at least since after the first Houston game. It seems like he gets in the game and never comes out. Not to mention, much like the UCF game, ISU made it's run when he was at the point and Gilbert and Lipsey started off the ball.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
It's too bad we play before Houston does on Saturday. If Houston played first, and won, it could be a good spot to rest Tamin.
First thing I checked after the game ended was tip times for Saturday for that reason. I think playing everyone to try and put yourself in a solid position for a 2 seed in Omaha is reason enough to play everyone. Just hope for an early lead so Tamin can rest.

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
Had a couple turn-overs in 1st half where he seemed to be rushing / forcing it a bit trying to create offense, saw same thing last game. Flip side he was huge in the 2nd half and certainly shows ability to lead this Team when it matters on both ends. His elite defense is always there, but when he's shooting good jump shots and finishing at rim without turning the ball over he's awesome.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010

He probably is playing through an injury. It's really unfortunate because he was playing at such a high level before the shoulder injury. He willed himself to a huge game at Texas and last night but probably can't do it regularly. Fran two weekends ago said he is not practicing a lot. Its too bad because for a deep run in the NCAA we need him at his best.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Second half was the first time he’s looked like himself, at least on the offensive end, in at least a few weeks. Not sure what changed, but it was good to see.

To my very untrained eye, he made a commitment to getting to the rim. For the past few weeks, he'd get to that about 10 foot mark and pick up his dribble. Last night in the second half, he was getting all the way to the rim and drawing contact. I think once he had a few fall he gained confidence and you saw it from the 3 point line.

Reactions: Pat

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
To my very untrained eye, he made a commitment to getting to the rim. For the past few weeks, he'd get to that about 10 foot mark and pick up his dribble. Last night in the second half, he was getting all the way to the rim and drawing contact. I think once he had a few fall he gained confidence and you saw it from the 3 point line.

I haven’t rewatched, and my spot in Hilton maybe doesn’t give the best perspective, but I’d agree and add: it seemed like he actually slowed down and was deliberate in getting to the rim with purpose, instead of blowing into traffic, chucking a circus shot, and hoping for a whistle. It helped that ISU spaced the floor better in the 2nd half, but he really looked poised, which made me realize that I hadn’t seen that in a few weeks.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It's too bad we play before Houston does on Saturday. If Houston played first, and won, it could be a good spot to rest Tamin.
I've gone back and forth about the idea of knowing we can win (which we will have to now wait pending a win until after the 3PM houston game)...but like others have shared...i just can't see this team not doing their all to win.