Lion Attack

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
pretty shocking to see how easily the lion just drags her around like she's toy. Incredible.

[video=youtube;qbfPO6n7i6E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbfPO6n7i6E#t=98[/video]

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
...it's somewhat unrelated, but I was in the U.P. a week ago, and kicked up a bear about 50 feet left of the trail I was on. The fluidity it moved with through what I would see as really thick forest/brush was astonishing. It stopped at about 100 feet, turned around to see who/what it was that had disturbed it, and a cub came down a fallen tree to her, and they went on their way.

I ventured not one inch closer, and went along my own way.

Yeah, 'cool story bro', but point being that we forget just how powerful animals are, and how unpredictable they are no matter how tame or calm they appear.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
For some odd reason, that announcer reminded of this guy:

bagdad-bob.gif

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I thought this was a Royce White comeback thread #LandOfLions #BeWell

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Man, that video was nuts. The fast she got up and was in one piece is amazing.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
If you're looking for an animal to **** with...lions aren't the ones.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
The crazy thing is lions are fairly docile (at least as much as a giant cat with it's capability can be) compared to most of the other large cats. They generally have pretty small territories and the males only do anything at all if they have to. Generally the females do more.

But when I was with the Indianapolis Zoo, there were three animals no one was allowed to be in with under any circumstances unless the animal was knocked out. Two of them were two of our three big cats we had, but they were the tigers and the cheetahs. The lions weren't included on that list.

While I certainly wouldn't want to come across a lion in the wild, if I had to choose I'd rather it be them than a leopard or tiger.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
The crazy thing is lions are fairly docile (at least as much as a giant cat with it's capability can be) compared to most of the other large cats. They generally have pretty small territories and the males only do anything at all if they have to. Generally the females do more.

But when I was with the Indianapolis Zoo, there were three animals no one was allowed to be in with under any circumstances unless the animal was knocked out. Two of them were two of our three big cats we had, but they were the tigers and the cheetahs. The lions weren't included on that list.

While I certainly wouldn't want to come across a lion in the wild, if I had to choose I'd rather it be them than a leopard or tiger.

I'm a pretty docile guy, but the second someone 1/3 my size tries to make me act like a hamster in front of a crowd, I'd lose it too :twitcy:

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
"And for our encore, we'd like a volunteer to put your head in this alligator's mouth."

zoo-performer-490.jpg

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA

Why the cheetahs? Are they aggressive? I guess I have never pictured cheetahs as super aggressive towards larger animals. The tigers I can see and I would think next would be the leopards, but cheetahs, huh?