Lightening strike in home

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I met a guy that was struck by lightening on a serve project in South America and several of his friends died. He was quite jumpy when storms came around the STL to say the least.

At any rate, he told me that the chance of you being struck by lightening goes up if you were struck by lightening in the past. That seemed a little odd to me but I assume it's possible.

Just another reason not to get struck by lightening.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yikes. Lightning goes where it wants to go. My uncle was struck twice. Once while on the phone when the pole in front of the house was hit (threw him across the kitchen table) and once while in his semi at a rest stop. I think a chain was hanging down to the ground on that one.

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
Yikes. Lightning goes where it wants to go. My uncle was struck twice. Once while on the phone when the pole in front of the house was hit (threw him across the kitchen table) and once while in his semi at a rest stop. I think a chain was hanging down to the ground on that one.

i believe that is a myth, the tires on your car don't stop the lightning from grounding as the lightning did just travel a long distance through air to hit your car. It's more that the metal frame directs the lightning around you and to the ground.

I had a buddy that had lightning strike his truck. Fried all electrical and there was a burn mark on the bottom of the oil pan and right below it on the driveway.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
i believe that is a myth, the tires on your car don't stop the lightning from grounding as the lightning did just travel a long distance through air to hit your car. It's more that the metal frame directs the lightning around you and to the ground.

I had a buddy that had lightning strike his truck. Fried all electrical and there was a burn mark on the bottom of the oil pan and right below it on the driveway.

Quite possibly, that was just the story I got. I've heard of cars getting struck on the highway, so that makes sense.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Family members house was hit. Blew drywall screws out walls, exploded dirt out of yard around ground wire. Didn't fry all circuits but got most of them, appliances as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron