Let's rate the most annoying, whiny coaches in the Big XII

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I really don't know what the hell you all are talking about. The guy has taken a team picked last to 17-3, ranked #5 in the country. I have no problem with him ******** when trying to overcome Hilton. That's a tough team.
And they left with a loss.

Oh yeah. Great coach. He sure does have that screen door defensive philosophy down pat. KSU can't stop the wind

• Funny
Reactions: NENick

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Billy is the definition of annoying and whiney in my opinion (but you left out dishonest)!

vUDGjO1.gif

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
"The first call against KSU in the second half, the illegal screen, where he tried to claim that it had been happening over and over again was laughable"

I agree. And later he got the call. It's what coaches do. He's not unusual. TJ is unusual and I love that he is the ISU coach.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
"The first call against KSU in the second half, the illegal screen, where he tried to claim that it had been happening over and over again was laughable"

I agree. And later he got the call. It's what coaches do. He's not unusual. TJ is unusual and I love that he is the ISU coach.

He also damn near got a T for being out of the coaches box which almost never happens. Tang is on thin ice, if you and he can't see that then, I can't help you. We ain't even to the half way point in conf play, his **** will wear thin on everyone.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
So getting a T is some kind of scarlet letter?

Here's my bottom line: That was one hell of a college basketball game between 2 teams that play incredibly hard and are extremely well-coached. I am so pumped with the outcome! This has been an incredible season and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

I'm guessing most KSU fans feel similarly, but aren't as happy tonight.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
So getting a T is some kind of scarlet letter?

Here's my bottom line: That was one hell of a college basketball game between 2 teams that play incredibly hard and are extremely well-coached. I am so pumped with the outcome! This has been an incredible season and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

I'm guessing most KSU fans feel similarly, but aren't as happy tonight.

Nothing wrong with getting a T.

You are framing this guy like he is Bob Knight, Pitino, Coach Cal, Izzo, Jim Calhoun, etc like he is working the officials which he isn't. He isn't even one of the old school great Big 8 guys Like Johnny, Eddie Sutton or Norm Stewart.

Tang = George Raveling

Actually a better comp for Tang is probably Mike Anderson. Anderson was a 17 yr asst at Arkansas. Hit it right away with Mizzou and then has faded. Just like Mike Anderson, Tang ******* about everything.

Whatever NENICK you aren't listening and have it all figured out.

Forgive me If I tell KSU fans I know that Frank Martin was a better asst come HC than this guy

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Tang certainly did a lot of ******** tonight, for a first year head coach with no real cred built up. You gotta earn the right to whine. Should've been flat out t'd up at the 7:30 mark in the 2nd half, rather than warned. The guy is nowhere near as douchey as Fran that I can tell yet, but the ******** and moaning was kind of comparable

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Tang certainly did a lot of ******** tonight, for a first year head coach with no real cred built up. You gotta earn the right to whine. Should've been flat out t'd up at the 7:30 mark in the 2nd half, rather than warned. The guy is nowhere near as douchey as Fran that I can tell yet, but the ******** and moaning was kind of comparable
On top of that his team has a midget PG and his team can't guard. I am surprised officials put up with that crap

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
He also damn near got a T for being out of the coaches box which almost never happens. Tang is on thin ice, if you and he can't see that then, I can't help you. We ain't even to the half way point in conf play, his **** will wear thin on everyone.

The man was at half court over half the game. He should have been T'd up multiple times.

And in the first half when our basket is in front of the opponents bench.........he was on the court directing his guys many times while our guys were running their sets.

Reactions: CYcoFan

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I really don't know what the hell you all are talking about. The guy has taken a team picked last to 17-3, ranked #5 in the country. I have no problem with him ******** when trying to overcome Hilton. That's a tough team.
And they left with a loss.
Their record has nothing to do with his perception as a whiny little *****. Obvious calls that went against them were met with a mini Frantrum. He should've had at least one T. It was pathetic.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
During the game Tang drove me nuts but after watching his postgame I changed my opinion. Seems like a cool respectful guy. Is it just me or does every coach talk about how hard fought and fun game it was to play us. It seems like every coach enjoys the battle in playing isu