Let's have a serious discussion about CPR

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
They did? I seem to remember they ran a lot out of the pistol and zone read. They also used wider spits and all sorts of formations.
Texas tech was up and down with their running game. I would say slightly above average. They had Henderson who I believe made an all-america team. Wouldnt say they sucked at running.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Most would say Rhoads has a much higher than average IQ. He graduated valedictorian at Ankeny HS (highest GPA). He has a Bachelors in Economics along with a Masters degree. Having a speech impediment does not make you stupid.

Agreed... He's also, by very definition, a Rhoads scholar.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And...firing CPR and hiring a new coach you can kiss the 2016 class goodbye along with what will be more than usual attrition. So you can prob not count on even coming close to a winning season until prob 2018.

I don't know if you've noticed but there isn't much of a class to kiss goodbye to.

That's also assuming there is a possibility of a winning season until 2018 with the current staff.

Last edited:

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
You folks are throwing in the towel early aren't you? Support the team and let the season play out. There is a lot of football to be played.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
You folks are throwing in the towel early aren't you? Support the team and let the season play out. There is a lot of football to be played.

Supporting the team and supporting the coaching staff are completely different. I support the players and their efforts. I don't support that same coaching staffs efforts that landed us at 6 and 20 over the last 2+ seasons.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com

Uh, there was nothing new or unique about that loss to Iowa this weekend. Kirk coached circles around Paul, and all signs are pointing downward. Keep pumping sunshine tho, because that has obviously worked the last two seasons.

Spam

May 21, 2008

Support the program. Support the university. And sometimes that means cleaning up.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area

Talking about firing a coach after a 6-22 stretch going back to 2012 is not throwing in the towel early; it's throwing in the towel far too late.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Lots of whining going on here. There are 10 games left you wimps. Fan base cries like a bunch of Hawkeye.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com