Les Miles Done For?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
SIAP.

I know it’s a link to a message board, but there are several relevant articles and links in there that makes it easier than me searching and posting them all.

He might be toast.

Saw that this morning.. KU said that they had not heard of this situation when hiring Les.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Kansas football in a nutshell from someone that posted on there:

"Does anyone else read this and say, who cares?
And does KU football have any fans that will be outraged about this? There is no force or mob to cause any outrage, it’s KU football. There is nothing to tear down or cause a PR nightmare on.
"

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
SIAP.

I know it’s a link to a message board, but there are several relevant articles and links in there that makes it easier than me searching and posting them all.

He might be toast.

Yeah if Miles is fired they might not win a game next year. If they keep him they probably won't win a game next year. Either way it's Kansas football.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is this what we were like in the early 90s? They’ve been so bad for so long I’m not sure if they can recover, at least not quickly.
This is a good question. I feel like this is worse. We were absolutely atrocious, you can’t minimize that. But this seems epically bad on levels I don’t know that we can even comprehend yet.

Reactions: exCYtable

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They should just fold. Such a desperate program. Go the Iowa State baseball route, and stick to what you're good at/what you can actually succeed at. For them, it ain't football. We can't be the Big 9 after they leave, so we could add Notre Dame as a football-only member.

• Dumb
Reactions: I@ST1

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This is a good question. I feel like this is worse. We were absolutely atrocious, you can’t minimize that. But this seems epically bad on levels I don’t know that we can even comprehend yet.

It took Dan 5 years to rebuild the program. Would the next KU coach be able to do that?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
They should just fold. Such a desperate program. Go the Iowa State baseball route, and stick to what you're good at/what you can actually succeed at. For them, it ain't football. We can't be the Big 9 after they leave, so we could add Notre Dame as a football-only member.

They receive a big check every year from the TV networks by way of the Big 12 just for having a football program around to serve as a punching bag. I have to imagine that check is more than what it costs to operate the program, and it would be much smaller if Kansas was not somehow playing football. Basketball breaks even; football TV money pays the bills, and that is true even in Lawrence. They're not going anywhere anytime.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is this what we were like in the early 90s? They’ve been so bad for so long I’m not sure if they can recover, at least not quickly.

I think fan attendance actually happened at least a little.

KU's games look like a Class A Iowa High school game if it were in a stadium.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They receive a big check every year from the TV networks by way of the Big 12 just for having a football program around to serve as a punching bag. I have to imagine that check is much less than what it costs to operate the program, and it would be much smaller if Kansas was not somehow playing football. Basketball breaks even; football TV money pays the bills, and that is true even in Lawrence. They're not going anywhere anytime.
Yeah, that's a good argument for keeping it I guess. Being a laughingstock isn't free!

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
Kansas has been much worse since 2010.....

Adam Spencer

@AdamSpencer4

·
Dec 31, 2019

Fun fact: Mizzou* — 13 Big 12 wins this decade
Texas A&M* — 13 Big 12 wins this decade
Kansas — 6 Big 12 wins this decade

* Both schools left the Big 12 for the SEC following the 2011 season.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What if the private party hush agreement used the universities official bagman to deliver the cash?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Kansas has been much worse since 2010.....

Adam Spencer
@AdamSpencer4

·
Dec 31, 2019

Fun fact: Mizzou* — 13 Big 12 wins this decade
Texas A&M* — 13 Big 12 wins this decade
Kansas — 6 Big 12 wins this decade

* Both schools left the Big 12 for the SEC following the 2011 season.
Wonder if Kansas can get to at least a tie with Mizzou and TAMU by the end of this decade...

• Haha
Reactions: CRCySpy

Help Support Us

Become a patron