Lazard plays in Ames tonight

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Why not root for our top incoming recruit. Fan support is part of his decision I believe.
My last sentence explains why. College students attending a high school football game with no ties to either school, except to cheer for one kid that has not even signed a LOI. Even after he signed it would still be sad on their part.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
My last sentence explains why. College students attending a high school football game with no ties to either school, except to cheer for one kid that has not even signed a LOI. Even after he signed it would still be sad on their part.

I don't see why it is sad to support a future classmate/teammate.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This way if he doesn't sign here we can be even more outraged because "we supported you during high school!". It's a very complicated web we weave.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Even though I live in Ames and my daughter goes to Ames I am cheering for Urbandale.

I'm torn. Lazard is a future Cyclone who could probably use some reassurance after some of the threads floating around on this board...but I know Clifford's dad. Can I just root for Lazard & Kwaw-Mensah and let the rest of it float by? ;)

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I hope you didn't watch or pick a side in the FSU/Miami or Alabama/A&M game cause that would be sad on your part.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I know he broke the single season record and single game record already this year (in fact...I think he's broken his own record twice)

He would've shattered the record by at least 500 yards by now if they hadn't blown out all their opponents. I believe, in the 10 games they've played, he's only played the 3rd quarter 4 times, and the 4th quarter twice.

Yea, I knew he broke the single-game record, wasn't sure if he had broken the Ames single season record or not. Would be cool if he broke the 4a record. Do you know how far he has to go?

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
I hope you didn't watch or pick a side in the FSU/Miami or Alabama/A&M game cause that would be sad on your part.
Didn't watch that game. But, I hope you know the difference between watching a college game, or even attending, vs. attending a high school game with no invested ties.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

Its sad that bored college students want to go to a playoff high school game (5 mins away from campus) and watch one of ISU's biggest commits ever? Yeah, you're right, they should stay home and watch tv...

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Yea, I knew he broke the single-game record, wasn't sure if he had broken the Ames single season record or not. Would be cool if he broke the 4a record. Do you know how far he has to go?

Not positive, but I thought I heard somewhere he needed something like 200 yards every game in the playoffs/state to break the record. This team won't get to the championship.

Ames run defense is very good, but not a great pass defense.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Didn't watch that game. But, I hope you know the difference between watching a college game, or even attending, vs. attending a high school game with no invested ties.

Don't go to Texas. There's a reason some of those high school stadiums are bigger and nicer than FCS stadiums. While HS football in general draw big crowds there, the 4A playoffs in Iowa also draw some very nice crowds. And not everybody has ties to either team.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Don't go to Texas. There's a reason some of those high school stadiums are bigger and nicer than FCS stadiums. While HS football in general draw big crowds there, the 4A playoffs in Iowa also draw some very nice crowds. And not everybody has ties to either team.
Not everybody, but surely the overwhelming majority, right?

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
My guess is tonights game can reach up to 12,000. I think Ames typically brings about 8,000 fans, but I'm sure they'll have more, and you know Urbandales going to bring it as well.

This will probably be the best playoff game of the week.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Its sad that bored college students want to go to a playoff high school game (5 mins away from campus) and watch one of ISU's biggest commits ever? Yeah, you're right, they should stay home and watch tv...
You're right! Or go out, study, get high...something else, yes.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Not everybody, but surely the overwhelming majority, right?

It depends on how you define connection. The area my family is from (part of the Hill Country), I'm related to probably 75% of the inhabitants by blood or marriage, down the fourth/fifth cousin level...so does that give me a connection to a school there, even though I've never lived there?

It's Texas. It's what all those towns do on Friday night...everyone in town goes, whether they have kids or are alumni or just moved there six weeks ago. Football is a religion there.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It depends on how you define connection. The area my family is from (part of the Hill Country), I'm related to probably 75% of the inhabitants by blood or marriage, down the fourth/fifth cousin level...so does that give me a connection to a school there, even though I've never lived there?

It's Texas. It's what all those towns do on Friday night...everyone in town goes, whether they have kids or are alumni or just moved there six weeks ago. Football is a religion there.
I was talking about Iowa. But I'd say anyone that lives in the city I'd say has a connection to the high school football team.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Haha why are you so anti HS football? Did a Soph beat you out when you were a Senior or what?
Yes! Damn it. No, I just think it's weird to think of a "ton" of college students going to Ames High tonight to cheer on a player from another school when there are so many things to do on any given campus every night. I would find it a bit more acceptable/understandable if they went to cheer on Ames, since they live here now.

I'll stop the mocking though. Have fun ISUCubswin...