Lazard memorabilia on Ebay

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I'm in the midst of working on my man cave/cyclone cave and happened to run across some signed Lazard stuff on Ebay. Is it me or is this kinda strange that there's already signed stuff being sold online for a high schooler? The prices are quite steep also as there are signed footballs being sold for $80-$90 and a signed ISU helmet for $200. On Ebay you will find more Lazard memorabila than you will of Jake Knott or AJ Klein. Has anyone else seen this while shopping around?

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
No, seems strange to me as well. Better question is why would anyone buy it. I know he is 98% positive on coming to Iowa State but what if he ended up de-committing and going somewhere else. You'd be stuck with a $200 signed Iowa State helmet by a recruit that never made it to campus, couldn't think of anything more embarrassing to have in your man cave haha

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
No, seems strange to me as well. Better question is why would anyone buy it. I know he is 98% positive on coming to Iowa State but what if he ended up de-committing and going somewhere else. You'd be stuck with a $200 signed Iowa State helmet by a recruit that never made it to campus, couldn't think of anything more embarrassing to have in your man cave haha

No doubt! It would suck for sure.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
When he decommits it'll be like those who own Chizik coins.

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Haven't seen this nor even looked but the NCAA would not be happy about this I am sure. We do Not need an Allen Football at ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Haven't seen this nor even looked but the NCAA would not be happy about this I am sure. We do Not need an Allen Football at ISU.

You think Johnny Football was autographing helmets that were going to be given away for free?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
It's not illegal. He's in HS. Not a damn thing the NCAA can do. He hasn't signed with ISU. It's not illegal.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
It's not illegal. He's in HS. Not a damn thing the NCAA can do. He hasn't signed with ISU. It's not illegal.
if they wanted to be dicks, which they are prone to do, they'd say he is ineligible next year if they wanted. i wouldn't say there is nothing they can do

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
guys, Lazard isn't selling it. You could go get a signature from any recruit or current player and sell it and the NCAA wouldn't bat an eye. I am not saying it is right or wrong, just that it isn't illegal or against NCAA rules. Now if Lazard was selling it, even in high school, that would be a problem.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Also, it's not against the rules for players to sign stuff. Players sign all sorts of stuff all the time. I remember getting my program signed by the starting men's basketball lineup at my first Hilton game. They just can't profit from their signing stuff. But I can.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
As long as Lazard isn't receiving money, no rules are being broken.
Otherwise, you would find me trying to sell autographed memorabilia from every key opponent we faced so they would get into trouble.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I'm pretty sure Sam Richardson could sign a helmet, give it to someone, and they could sell it and it would be fine. And he is actually a part of the NCAA right now.

1. I don't think Lazard is a part of the NCAA until he signs

and

2. It would be absolutely fine if he sold this stuff himself UNTIL he was a part of the NCAA

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron