LaTroy said ump wanted Cubs to win

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Letroy Hawkins still owes me $50 for blowing this game I was in attendance at...Tough luck continues for reeling Cubs | cubs.com: News

Hell, that was right before he got traded, if I remember right. Cubs got Jerome Williams and Scott Eyre in return. LaTroy got heckled by me at SBC Park later that year when the Cubs were in town.

Only LaTroy could have pulled something like that off. Of all the things to hit, he hit's Offermans head.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
What an idiot. I saw the pitch he got thrown out after and it wasn't a strike. He must have said a magical word because the ump didn't hesistate to toss him after he said what he did. If anything I wanted him to stay in the game so someone could of hit a homer out sooner to end the game...

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
let's blame it on the curse.........time for the idiot to post a picture of the goat. (seems like it happens in every cubs thread)

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
LaTroy was complaining because Lee (in the previous at bat) walked on, i think 4 pitches, then he was 2-1 or 2-0 to Ramirez. The ump took his mask off and stepped out from behind the plate and made a "stop it" type motion to LaTroy. At that time LaTroy kind of flicked his wrist as if he was telling the Ump to shut it, or dismissing him.

That is why he got ejected.