Lacey Hits 1,000 as Cyclones Earn Win over NU

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
AMES, Iowa – Junior Alison Lacey knocked down five three-pointers to lead the 21st-ranked Iowa State women’s basketball team to a 61-38 win over Nebraska Wednesday night at Hilton Coliseum. On her fourth trey of the game, Lacey became the third Cyclone this season to join the 1,000-point club. She is the 21st player in ISU history to reach 1,000 career points and she joined teammates Heather Ezell and Nicky Wieben on that list.
“This was a game we had to win after losing two in a row,â€￾ ISU head coach Bill Fennelly said. “Overall we were efficient, defended really well and we found a way to win. Nebraska is missing some key players. It was a business-like win that we needed. It puts us in good shape.â€￾........

LINK to the rest

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Congrats to Aus on reaching the 1000 point milestone!

Great game ladies!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Wish I could've gone tonight :sad: Damn Stat 326 exam. I remember watching Nebraska handle us in Hilton last year...sounds like we got sweet revenge :yes:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Aus' family is visiting from Australia so they got to watch her play a great game and reach the milestone.

If Alison plays this way with family around, well darn it they need to stay for the rest of the season.

EDIT: Her parents are staying through the Big 12 tourny..no pressure Alison, but I expect big games from you for the rest of the season.

Last edited: