KXNO Sports Fanatics

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I think it's way past due. Chris hasn't been a regular on his own show for years. Ross is great and will be better off with a consistent co host.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Guys I was not forced out and Ross had nothing to do with it. Some of this stuff Im reading is batshit crazy. I resigned 5 weeks ago and was asked by my GM (who is like a dad to me) to keep quiet until they could find my replacement, which I respected. The plan was to give the mic over to my replacement but unfortunately iHeart has not gotten to that point yet and I don’t want to waste the whole summer waiting. Football will be here before you know it. You are all looking for a story that simply is not there.

Chris, is it true that this is you leaving KXNO?

slap-slapping.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Guys I was not forced out and Ross had nothing to do with it. Some of this stuff Im reading is batshit crazy. I resigned 5 weeks ago and was asked by my GM (who is like a dad to me) to keep quiet until they could find my replacement, which I respected. The plan was to give the mic over to my replacement but unfortunately iHeart has not gotten to that point yet and I don’t want to waste the whole summer waiting. Football will be here before you know it. You are all looking for a story that simply is not there.

Sounds like something a guy that got fired would say...

(kidding)

Reactions: VeloClone

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I know alot of folks are anti-Travis, and he definitely has some ugly sides, but Heather, is, by far, the worst host on KXNO. She may be a Clone be she is not knowledgeable about anything. And behind the scenes sounds like can be absolutely awful to work with. Reason she has bounced around as much as she had. Glad she gave us 5-0 tho.

I think we need to clarify this. She goes to Iowa games wearing Iowa gear. I don’t know any Clones that do that.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I know alot of folks are anti-Travis, and he definitely has some ugly sides, but Heather, is, by far, the worst host on KXNO. She may be a Clone be she is not knowledgeable about anything. And behind the scenes sounds like can be absolutely awful to work with. Reason she has bounced around as much as she had. Glad she gave us 5-0 tho.
Travis has his moments but he's ok. He has a sense of humor and doesn't take things too serious. Heather can sometimes be good when the show can stay on topic with something sports related that she's passionate about (which doesn't happen much) but she can be too wishy-washy too and if the topic at hand has anything that can get political in nature I don't really care to hear her rants and stances on that stuff either. The Morning Rush is such a mixed bag, some mornings it is hilarious and worth listening to and other mornings it can just be brutally bad if they get stuck on some stupid topic or don't have any decent guests lined up to keep the show rolling.

I've said it here before, I know some here weren't fans of Larry Cotlar when he was the morning show host but I would gladly take those days back over what has followed since then. Larry at least had a steady schedule of guests that were good to keep the show on track and he didn't go off topic too often, usually had a plan laid out and stuck with it.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Much respect to you for putting your personal life and family first. I've always had the mindset that there is no job on this planet that is more important than your personal life and happiness and if I ever were put in a position where work was making me miserable or taking too much time away from my personal life I'd find another job. My wife has had a few times where the demands of her job were taking too much of her time away too and she's made some job changes over the years in order to put our family first too. Life is just too short to have a job or career that consumes so much time you miss out on your kids growing up or feel like your job has to come before family. Good for you to make a choice many struggle to make.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Pretty sure they won’t hire someone who is an actual Cyclone fan because there are some obvious choices they haven’t just picked yet

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Realistically there is small portion of losers that can't process the idea that most people actually leave jobs on good terms. Just because they have always probably been dog turd employees that think their bosses or coworkers have been out to get them, they assume people always either get fired or quit in anger.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Travis has his moments but he's ok. He has a sense of humor and doesn't take things too serious. Heather can sometimes be good when the show can stay on topic with something sports related that she's passionate about (which doesn't happen much) but she can be too wishy-washy too and if the topic at hand has anything that can get political in nature I don't really care to hear her rants and stances on that stuff either. The Morning Rush is such a mixed bag, some mornings it is hilarious and worth listening to and other mornings it can just be brutally bad if they get stuck on some stupid topic or don't have any decent guests lined up to keep the show rolling.

I've said it here before, I know some here weren't fans of Larry Cotlar when he was the morning show host but I would gladly take those days back over what has followed since then. Larry at least had a steady schedule of guests that were good to keep the show on track and he didn't go off topic too often, usually had a plan laid out and stuck with it.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If KXNO is smart (that is a BIG if), they will bring in a Clone viewpoint to replace CW. From what I am hearing, that market has a nice chuck of ISU fans now.... and growing.

Otherwise, perhaps another station can have an ISU sports show and get the ratings that KXNO will miss out on. The DSM-Ankeny-Ames area has a lot of ISU fans that would be interested.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Um no, I'm hammering you for calling out someone elses opinion.
Well, first of all I am not hammering him. So not sure where you get that. But let's say in my opinion that is perfectly fine. Well you are hamming me for my opinion that I think that. Get a life.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Well, first of all I am not hammering him. So not sure where you get that. But let's say in my opinion that is perfectly fine. Well you are hamming me for my opinion that I think that. Get a life.
You repeated his opinion proceeded to obliterate it with your take. Come on man.

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
Since people really don’t like my Sean Roberts pick, my second choice is Stanz. He has great takes, is a cyclone, and good on radio.

Reactions: DBQR4CY