KSU game @ 2:30

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Linked is the football parking map. I like to send folks to College Avenue across from the baseball field, which is just south of the west stadium Ahearn parking, Via Christi Hospital and CatTown on this map. There are private lawn and church parking areas there, and it's an easy walk to the stadium, $25. Just get there a bit early to ensure you get a space, at least 1.5 hours before kick.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2015/6/14/_131476205611845912.aspx
Thanks, @surly! Is there anything just a few blocks further away that will be cheaper, and we could get away with arriving 1 hour before kickoff? 1.5 hours is my goal, but just want to be prepared.
Another thought...maybe since it is a holiday weekend and some students will be gone, will there be more chance of a spot in the Rec Center, Vet Med, or Campus lots?

Last edited:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
You gone before, gr8? Wondering about parking. Sections 16 is limited but 15 has some. These are some rough seats by the looks of it. At 2:30, may leave at 5 to show up. If I get out at 6:30, I would be back around 1-2 in the morning. Fun, fun.
I've never been there before. Still trying to figure out where to park

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Didn't want to start a new thread because there is some discussion here, but for those who have been, or are K-State lurkers, what are some of the things to do in Manhattan while we're there? Getting in Friday night and staying after the game on Saturday, so we'll have some time to explore. Going with family but none of us have been there before. TIA.

Reactions: Spanky

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Didn't want to start a new thread because there is some discussion here, but for those who have been, or are K-State lurkers, what are some of the things to do in Manhattan while we're there? Getting in Friday night and staying after the game on Saturday, so we'll have some time to explore. Going with family but none of us have been there before. TIA.

Go to Aggieville Friday nite. The best bar food is SoLong Saloon. The best restaurant there is Fire&Ice. If you want a steak after the game, go to Little Apple Brewery in West Loop. They also make their own beer. Sunday breakfast at Fire&Ice in Aggieville or The Chef downtown. The Chef is more traditional stuff. Fine dining is at Harry's, downtown. Best restaurant in Kansas year after year but pricey and hard to get a reservation. Have a great time.

https://www.k-state.edu/band/ensembles/aggievilleband.html

Last edited:

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Go to Aggieville Friday nite. The best bar food is SoLong Saloon. The best restaurant there is Fire&Ice. If you want a steak after the game, go to Little Apple Brewery in West Loop. They also make their own beer. Sunday breakfast at Fire&Ice in Aggieville or The Chef downtown. The Chef is more traditional stuff. Fine dining is at Harry's, downtown. Best restaurant in Kansas year after year but pricey and hard to get a reservation. Have a great time.

https://www.k-state.edu/band/ensembles/aggievilleband.html

Thanks surly, appreciate the info.

Reactions: surly

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
For those who have attended a game at K State before how much do they check Tickets in each section? Would like to join the ISU crowd but there are some really cheap “get-ins” listed out there.

Gotta save some lettuce for a bowl trip!

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
For those who have attended a game at K State before how much do they check Tickets in each section? Would like to join the ISU crowd but there are some really cheap “get-ins” listed out there.

Gotta save some lettuce for a bowl trip!
You shouldn't have a problem moving to a different location, particularly if you wait a quarter. I can't recall them ever checking my ticket/seat.

Also, you can walk all the way around the stadium inside as well as out. So, parking in one place or another won't be a problem with getting into the building.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
You shouldn't have a problem moving to a different location, particularly if you wait a quarter. I can't recall them ever checking my ticket/seat.

Also, you can walk all the way around the stadium inside as well as out. So, parking in one place or another won't be a problem with getting into the building.

$10 tix it is!!!

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Any consensus on which lot ISU people will be at for tailgating?

See y'all tomorrow!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron