Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
In regards to the 2018 report - KF asked for input from the black athletes, and they brought forward issues like not being allowed to wear hats and jewelry in the football facilities, not listening to rap in the weight room, etc, and Kirk made changes based on those complaints. None of those players came forward with the issues that have been made public the last several months.

Perhaps KF was naive for thinking that was the root of the problem, but he asked his black athletes why the retention rate amongst black athletes was so low and implemented the changes that they specifically asked for.
what part of a current black player saying

"I'm sure I can speak for a lot of the guys on the team, yes, it felt like (players were walking on eggshells)," Kelly-Martin said is really inductive to KKKirk making those changes?? again this is from a current player...

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Was mad at Ross and Emery presuming Kirk was guilty before the report was done (when all up until that point they were both saying they want to wait to make a judgement).
Just a total meltdown by him ensued.
That's surprising. I know he hosts cyclones insider with randy and Tommy on Tuesdays, but I don't perceive him to show any bias toward ISU or for or against Iowa for that matter. Dude is Sweden

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I don't think anyone lied that they knew black players felt uncomfortable in the facility after the report was wrapped up in 2019. Barta explained all that at his June 15 presser. KF said he had a blind spot which I think meant Doyle but ISU fans here think it meant the race issues

If there are legit email or text receipts that KF knew of the specific allegations against Doyle that players are making then he should go.
Kirk also said he wished that the players had brought all this to him first....they did. And he did nothing. So clearly he is lying

Reactions: Triggermv

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Kirk also said he wished that the players had brought all this to him first....they did. And he did nothing. So clearly he is lying

Same thing as the blind spot comment, I interpret that as the issues with Doyle not the other issues that were disclosed in the 2019 report that caused small changes to be made.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Lol called that.

We recommend that the University work with Athletic Director Barta and Head Coach Ferentz to create action steps aimed at improving the culture of the program, eliminating biases, encouraging student-athletes to report concerns of mistreatment, and amplifying the University’s policy statement against retaliation within the football program.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Lol called that.

We recommend that the University work with Athletic Director Barta and Head Coach Ferentz to create action steps aimed at improving the culture of the program, eliminating biases, encouraging student-athletes to report concerns of mistreatment, and amplifying the University’s policy statement against retaliation within the football program.

Yep, basically; "try to be better" is the recommendation.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
They only interviewed 29 former players?!?! There was over 60 accusations from former players and you interview 29? How many of those were white/black?

edit: 18 of the 29 were black.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
They only interviewed 29 former players?!?! There was over 60 accusations from former players and you interview 29? How many of those were white/black?
Yep I was just reading that too.
Pie graph on page 3 states 52% of the individuals interviewed were black.
So roughly 15 former black players were interviewed.

What a joke.

Edit: Guess I need to keep reading. Graph on page 4 shows that only 17 or 18 former Black players were interviewed. Wow that's bad.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
LOL that may as well have been hand written by Kirk/Barta. I agree that it is comedic that they only spoke to 29 former athletes, with more than double that amount speaking out on this publicly and hundreds more to choose from.

The "conclusion"/recommendations were as predicted from the start. Blame Doyle, call it a bullying and demeaning culture rather than racist and discriminatory, absolve KF of blame.

What a farce. Won't go over well national I'd bet. Now we see if there are other's who have been biding their time waiting for this sham to wrap up.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Are people really gonna pretend this "investigation" was real? Anyone with a mild level of literacy could have whipped that report up using only the info posted in this thread.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Many current and former players told investigators that three members of the coaching staff abused their power and verbally abused and bullied players. Specific allegations about current and former employees have been provided separately to the University.

Nice that they didn't name any coaches so that Brian could remain anonymous in the report.

Specific allegations were sent separately? Isn't this supposed to be the full report? Nothing should be sent outside of this report.
Fire up the FOIA requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron