Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Tyler Kluver on 1460 talking about Iowa making mistakes against Purdue and brought up how they might not have happened under Doyle. "Doyle was a stickler for details" were the exact words.

Apparently not much of a stickler for identifying one’s race when slinging his slurs, according to the previous post and Gerald Leonard’s comments.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Tyler Kluver on 1460 talking about Iowa making mistakes against Purdue and brought up how they might not have happened under Doyle. "Doyle was a stickler for details" were the exact words.
Please tell me this isn't real.
Is Barta teaching tone deaf PR 101 over there?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

A bit confused, I thought S&C coaches had access to the players year around because they weren't allowed to coach football just S&C? Even if Doyle had been around this summer his access would of been limited just like ever other S&C coach. Shouldn't the details fall on the Ferentz's and Parker?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
In the last NCAA report on school atheletic funding EIU was 14th at 151 million, KSU was 48th at 90 million. We can both hate on EIU all we want, but they have plenty of money.
Neither of know if they they law suits will hurt them or not,
Freerents contract runs through the 2025 season, they could easily give him this year and next and then buy out the last 3 years.
If Iowa is flush with money why did they discontinue those varsity sports? That was only around $1 million per year. That is less than the raises given to the assistant football coaches.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If Iowa is flush with money why did they discontinue those varsity sports? That was only around $1 million per year. That is less than the raises given to the assistant football coaches.

Because they're in debt up to their eyeballs.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
This time line should help you understand that.

Aug 11th 2020, Big 10 cancels football season.

Without a football season EIU would not be getting the 54 million provided by BTN this coming year.

Aug 24th, EIU cuts four sports at the school.

Sept. 16th the Big 10 announces they will be playing a football season after all, 8 game schedule plus a ninth conference game TBD. No fans in attendence at any Big 10 game site.

I believe I remember getting an email from JP along with all the rest of the season ticket holders about how ISU was also cutting salaries by 10% of the head coaches and would be cutting back on spending this year.

I also never said EIU was "flush" with money, you said that, but I would think that a school that received 150 million last year, compared to one that received 90 million would be in a little bit better financial shape to get through the Covid storm.

If EIU is up to their eye balls in debt like Cyforce claims, then how can KSU pay off their 210 million commit to remodeling their football, baseball and atheletic facilities?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This time line should help you understand that.

Aug 11th 2020, Big 10 cancels football season.

Without a football season EIU would not be getting the 54 million provided by BTN this coming year.

Aug 24th, EIU cuts four sports at the school.

Sept. 16th the Big 10 announces they will be playing a football season after all, 8 game schedule plus a ninth conference game TBD. No fans in attendence at any Big 10 game site.

I believe I remember getting an email from JP along with all the rest of the season ticket holders about how ISU was also cutting salaries by 10% of the head coaches and would be cutting back on spending this year.

I also never said EIU was "flush" with money, you said that, but I would think that a school that received 150 million last year, compared to one that received 90 million would be in a little bit better financial shape to get through the Covid storm.

If EIU is up to their eye balls in debt like Cyforce claims, then how can KSU pay off their 210 million commit to remodeling their football, baseball and atheletic facilities?

Somebody posted a story a couple weeks back about how much debt their athletic department was carrying. It was significant.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
How is this dumb @SEIOWA CLONE ?

Well let me start, we have lost the last 5 games to them, they own the instate recruiting, they have recruited at a higher level than us for the past 5 years. Finished ahead of us in the polls over that 5 year span. Have more players drafted and playing in the NFL then we do and its not close.

So ya, your comment was really stupid, but there was not an emoji for that, so I had to settle for dumb. I really find it funny that YOU somehow think that you know more about the players then NFL personal guys do. Remember, you stated we develop the talent better.

Go Cyclones.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Well let me start, we have lost the last 5 games to them, they own the instate recruiting, they have recruited at a higher level than us for the past 5 years. Finished ahead of us in the polls over that 5 year span. Have more players drafted and playing in the NFL then we do and its not close.

So ya, your comment was really stupid, but there was not an emoji for that, so I had to settle for dumb. I really find it funny that YOU somehow think that you know more about the players then NFL personal guys do. Remember, you stated we develop the talent better.

Go Cyclones.
We are a top 25 team. We recruit worse but are the better team so yeah we are developing better college players. Again, We are better than them this year so this is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.