Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
So brodie is basically calling the black players a bunch of whiners?? I thought he had hit the bottom of stupid, but he seems to keep blasting himself lower.

He was calling out a pretty level headed poster on here for dodging questions so I found it only fair to remind him he hasn't answered my question about what you speak of.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
bump for @Brodie0

original quote by brodie "That’s because the black players are the ones sharing their stories. I don’t think there’s any evidence to suggest the bullying disproportionately affected black players."

No, I don’t think there is a racism issue in the Iowa football program. That would require an intent to negatively and disproportionately affect the black players on the team. There were race issues with the Iowa football program, but not racism issues - that’s an important distinction.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No, I don’t think there is a racism issue in the Iowa football program. That would require an intent to negatively and disproportionately affect the black players on the team. There were race issues with the Iowa football program, but not racism issues - that’s an important distinction.
Grad school failed you

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

And when pressed for examples of this unfair treatment, James mentioned not being allowed to wear hats and jewelry in the football complex and listening to country music and classic rock in the weight room instead of rap music. Iowa’s program needed to modernize to adapt to the societal norms of 2020, but demonizing Iowa’s coaches and program as unrepentantly racist as Iowa State fans are doing is laughable.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
And when pressed for examples of this unfair treatment, James mentioned not being allowed to wear hats and jewelry in the football complex and listening to country music and classic rock in the weight room instead of rap music. Iowa’s program needed to modernize to adapt to the societal norms of 2020, but demonizing Iowa’s coaches and program as unrepentantly racist as Iowa State fans are doing is laughable.
Jewelry had been a norm the entire time you've been alive, it isnt something new. There might have been more jewelry being worn in the 80s and 90s.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
What does institutional racism mean to you?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

So James Daniels was lying when he said black players were treated unfairly?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

So the language and acts are racist but the people committing them are not. Now I get it.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
source.gif

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Fair point. Personally, I would be astounded if Kirk hasn't spoken with the team, but I also am astounded I haven't seen one thing from one coach coming out and speaking publicly about this issue.

I'm honestly asking, has anyone else seen anything? From any coach representing the University of Iowa?

Status
Not open for further replies.