Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Racially insensitive comments do not mean someone is a full blown racist dude. It means you're ignorant to the language that could offend people of color. The last accusation we were talking about though, seemed pretty racist to me, however I can totally understand from your perspective how you can't see that.

If this last story is true, I agree that the entire staff needs to go. That story, combined with the rest of the accusations, would be enough to suggest that there was a massive problem with the entire program. I’m skeptical that the story is true though, so I’m not going to call for anyone’s head until the investigation is conducted.

Your turn. Are you capable of admitting that your statements about Brian are lies? If not, is that because you know they are lies and don’t want to admit it, or because you are so biased that you can’t recognize that they are actually lies?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If this last story is true, I agree that the entire staff needs to go. That story, combined with the rest of the accusations, would be enough to suggest that there was a massive problem with the entire program. I’m skeptical that the story is true though, so I’m not going to call for anyone’s head until the investigation is conducted.

Your turn. Are you capable of admitting that your statements about Brian are lies? If not, is that because you know they are lies and don’t want to admit it, or because you are so biased that you can’t recognize that they are actually lies?
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...hawkeyes-football-allegations-tweets-20200611

There you go. 6 statements made about Brian specifically. 2 (now 3) share specific incidents of Brian, and I believe DJK had a statement about him but I forgot. So I'm sorry that I said 5 people accused Brian of racially insensitive language. It was actually 4, however you already threw out DJK and Wadley's comments, so for you, it's actually 2. You also don't think the story about the tattoo is racially insensitive, so it's actually 1, however you just said you don't think the last anonymous story was true, so it's actually 0..

See the pattern here pal?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...hawkeyes-football-allegations-tweets-20200611

There you go. 6 statements made about Brian specifically. 2 (now 3) share specific incidents of Brian, and I believe DJK had a statement about him but I forgot. So I'm sorry that I said 5 people accused Brian of racially insensitive language. It was actually 4, however you already threw out DJK and Wadley's comments, so for you, it's actually 2. You also don't think the story about the tattoo is racially insensitive, so it's actually 1, however you just said you don't think the last anonymous story was true, so it's actually 0..

So the answer is that you are so biased, you can’t tell the difference. Got it.

That link shows one player accusing Brian of making racially insensitive comments. One.

Boswell - BF said my tattoo was dumb
Johnson - BF is a problem and needs to change
Daniels - BF needs to change
Joly - BF said he wished a player would get hurt
Wadley - BF made a racially insensitive comment

Now we can add:
Anonymous - BF made a racist comment

You said there were “5 guys who accused Brian of racially insensitive comments, as well as a multitude of other players saying Brian is part of the problem.” Turns out that isn’t even close to being accurate.

To answer your question, yes, I see a pattern. You are willing to believe anything, and say anything - even if you know it is a lie - as long as it makes the Iowa football program and coaches look bad.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

That link shows one player accusing Brian of making racially insensitive comments. One.

Now we can add:

You said there were “5 guys who accused Brian of racially insensitive comments, as well as a multitude of other players saying Brian is part of the problem.

To answer your question, yes, I see a pattern. You are willing to believe anything, and say anything - even if you know it is a lie - to make the Iowa football program and coaches look bad.
I actually don't have to sit here and do anything to make the Iowa football program and coaches look bad. I just have to wait a few days for another ex player to come out and share their experience and they take care of that.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

BF wasn't even on staff at any point in time when DJK was at Iowa.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Now we can add:

You said there were “5 guys who accused Brian of racially insensitive comments, as well as a multitude of other players saying Brian is part of the problem.” Turns our that isn’t even close to being accurate.

To answer your question, yes, I see a pattern. You are willing to believe anything, and say anything - even if you know it is a lie - as long as it makes the Iowa football program and coaches look bad.
Also, I apologize for "lying". I think it was more of an exaggeration and a failure on my part to not double check my numbers.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
BF wasn't even on staff at any point in time when DJK was at Iowa.
There was a lot to DJK's story so I didn't line up the timelines perfectly. Thank you for the correction. I'll do a full blown correction to my comments made above..

3 people have specifically named Brian using racially insensitive language. 3 others have mentioned Brian being a part of the culture problem at Iowa, specifically meaning the disparities in how African Americans were treated as well as bullying and demeaning behaviors.

There. Is everyone happy now?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
There was a lot to DJK's story so I didn't line up the timelines perfectly. Thank you for the correction. I'll do a full blown correction to my comments made above..

3 people have specifically named Brian using racially insensitive language. 3 others have mentioned Brian being a part of the culture problem at Iowa, specifically meaning the disparities in how African Americans were treated as well as bullying and demeaning behaviors.

How hard is it to line up that DJK was kicked off the team in December of 2010 and BF didn't join the staff until 2012?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Maybe. Or maybe this player did not want to speak out publicly because he is exaggerating his story (I.e. Brian said “only a dumbass would do it that way”).

holy **** man you're in denial and it's comments like this that foster the racist culture that exists over there.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
How hard is it to line up that DJK was kicked off the team in December of 2010 and BF didn't join the staff until 2012?
Probably because there have been 62 former players that have shared their experiences? Some of them sort of blend together due to the amount of accusations, but pretty much revolve around the same premise. When I mentioned DJK in that post I did say I thought he might've made a comment about him but forgot.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Who is the third player accusing Brian of making racially insensitive comments? Do you think telling someone their tattoo is dumb is racially insensitive, or do you think wishing injury on a player is racially insensitive?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
holy **** man you're in denial and it's comments like this that foster the racist culture that exists over there.
*Player comes out with a story*
Iowa fans - "Don't believe it, gonna need more evidence."

*Another player comes out with a story*
Iowa fans - "Seems unlikely, going to need someone to back these claims up"

*Yet another player comes out with a story*
Iowa fans - "He probably had an axe to grind so his story is suspect at best"

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Who is the third player accusing Brian of making racially insensitive comments? Do you think telling someone their tattoo is dumb is racially insensitive, or do you think wishing injury on a player is racially insensitive?
No I do not think wishing injury on a player is racially insensitive, but I love how you're actually defending that statement like "well it's not racist, nothing to see here, Brian's A-okay!"

The statement about the tattoo is subjective. As someone who is white, I have no idea what it would feel like for my tattoos to be called out. The player who brought it up thought it was racially insensitive and that's actually all that really matters. He wouldn't be bringing that up if he thought Brian was some stand up citizen either.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also, I think it needs to be pointed out that Brian was not wishing injury on players of the opposing teams. He was wishing injury on players on the Iowa Hawkeye Football team.

Marcel Joly (DB/RB, 2014-17): “@CoachBFerentz I vividly remember you wishing injuries on my fellow teammates while in meetings. I want the best for the young ones coming in. WE DEMAND A CHANGE! @coach_Doyle i know you remember be. I’m all grown up up now! Let’s talk!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just find it very hard to believe that a football coach would ever say “only a dumbass black player would do it like that.” That’s pretty hard to believe. If that were true, I feel like that would have been one of the first accusations to come to light when this whole thing started.
Do you find it hard to believe the same coach would go after the replay officials during a game?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Also, I think it needs to be pointed out that Brian was not wishing injury on players of the opposing teams. He was wishing injury on players on the Iowa Hawkeye Football team.

Marcel Joly (DB/RB, 2014-17): “@CoachBFerentz I vividly remember you wishing injuries on my fellow teammates while in meetings. I want the best for the young ones coming in. WE DEMAND A CHANGE! @coach_Doyle i know you remember be. I’m all grown up up now! Let’s talk!

I love how he closes this with I'll kick your ass the next time I see you without actually saying anything of the sort.

The Iowa staff was either not smart enough to do this or believed they were so far beyond reproach they didn't need to.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Do you find it hard to believe the same coach would go after the replay officials during a game?
"Go after"? He yelled as he was walking out of the coaches box. Nick Saban should have been fired years ago if you are concerned about coaches yelling at officials. The link below shows Saban say F you directly to an officials face. That's far worst than what Brian Ferentz did. You can find an outburst like this on any give Saturday during the season.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...2700E59CC045BE49C97A270&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Status
Not open for further replies.