Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Head coaches have always thrown assistants under the bus when wrongdoings emerge in college athletics. Recruiting violations, improper payments, sexual harassment, rape, child rape, racism. It's always the assistant's fault while the head coach claims blissful ignorance.

That's why it will be important, if Doyle is gone, for Doyle to fight this. Barta will try to pay him to silence him.... that's how he handles stuff.... but hopefully Doyle stays strong and fights back.

At some point you also have to wonder how many $$ Iowa will have left to be paying people off?

Another poster on here, can't remember who right now, has mentioned something even bigger will destroy Iowa athletics in the next few years.... and the only hint they ever gave was a dollar sign ($). So I wonder how they are really doing financially? There were some rumors the wrestling program was struggling with funds several weeks ago on here too..... so who knows?

So if Iowa tries to keep Doyle on board.... maybe they fear they can't pay him off?

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
No matter. "I don't recall doing that." Totally unprovable.

Yep. Gonna go full Oliver North. Was in a fugue state for all discussions with any player or parent not relating directly to football.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Another thing that really bothers me about a lot of these players' stories is how they were humiliated in front of all their teammates, visitors, etc.

It wasn't like they just told the player to run sprints, or do 50 push ups..... they would make them log roll until they got so dizzy they puked..... or would have them run with a garbage can on their head, etc, etc. These stories have been pretty common in a lot of these players' complaints.

Why do you feel the need to absolutely humiliate them? We had an assistant baseball coach in high school that got fired for stuff like that. He would have players do similar things, just to humiliate them. He had a kid push a baseball bat from 1st base to 2nd base with his nose with his hands behind his back and on his knees.

This kind of stuff is just cruel and not needed at all.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Back to thinking Kirk doesn't survive this after that. That was hard to read. Prayers up to the victims in all of this

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
“I don’t recall any player named derrell johnson koulianos”

Kirk Ferentz at his next media availablity

Status
Not open for further replies.