Kingland Systems update

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Looks pretty good to me. The real question now is who do they get in that commercial space. Seems like CVS/Walgreens drugstore/grocery is likely, but what else?

Cyclone44

Apr 11, 2006
Speaking about the ISU basketball practice facility, what is the new building just west and a little south of it????

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Are you referring to that building? Or the new rectangular building that isn't done yet? I think that one is going to be for AAU volleyball, but I'm not completely sure. This one is owned by Jensen too.

MrPeske

Apr 11, 2006
downtown Des Moines
West Ames continues to grow as a basketball center with the construction of a new, 15,921-square-foot building for the All Iowa Attack AAU basketball program.

The building is close to the new Iowa State University basketball complex near the northwest corner of Mortensen Road and South Dakota Avenue.

JCorp, of Huxley, is the designer and construction manager for the new project, according to spokesman Duane Jensen.

He said the building will include a pair of basketball courts, restrooms and a lobby and concessions area.

Charlie Kuester, of the city of Ames Planning and Housing department, said that the building will be owned by Dickson Jensen. Kuester said plans were approved by the city Aug. 24.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I think this Kingland project will be the beginning of several projects in campustown over the next few years, Which I think could be a good thing because campustown definitely needs some work and greater density imo. Also a facade program like the one on main street will be implement next year so existing buildings can gets some help updating their look.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
I think this Kingland project will be the beginning of several projects in campustown over the next few years, Which I think could be a good thing because campustown definitely needs some work and greater density imo. Also a facade program like the one on main street will be implement next year so existing buildings can gets some help updating their look.

I hope you correct in having a facade program like main street. Main Street feels much better. Visitors think it has always been like that. Hopefully Campustown will be viewed in the same way.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
At a quick glance of the signs in the windows, all of the businesses except Cocost have found new homes:
Random Goods moved to Main Street (article)
Lasting Impressions moved to 2524 Lincoln Way
Charlie Yokes moves to a little further west on Lincoln Way
20/20 (Chinese restaurant) moving to 223 Welch Ave (old Golden Wok) opening in Jan.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron