Keeler's column in Sunday's paper

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
How about this quote at the end?
" but the bottom line at the start of Big Game Week is this:

The Cyclones are better. And in six days, we’re going to have a pretty good idea of just how much."

I still don't like Keeler, but if he keeps writing like this, he may just win me over :smile:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
How about this quote at the end?
" but the bottom line at the start of Big Game Week is this:

The Cyclones are better. And in six days, we’re going to have a pretty good idea of just how much."

I still don't like Keeler, but if he keeps writing like this, he may just win me over :smile:

He wrote it that way intentionally to provoke Hawk fans. He isn't saying ISU is better than Iowa.....he is saying ISU is better than they were last year and we'll see "how much" on Saturday.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Agreed. If I'm going to Rag on Keeler, I also have to give him props. Nice article.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If he wanted to provoke hawk fans then he should have add this at the end - Iowa State is improved over last year; has Iowa?

Maybe it's me but to me he is using Iowa as a measuring stick for us - not good as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
It's Iowa's super bowl next week, so throw conventional wisdom out the door.

Nice article. I also read on the side that our first two games offensive numbers are the highest since 1978. Would have never guessed that...Wish our defensive numbers were just as good.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice article. I also read on the side that our first two games offensive numbers are the highest since 1978. Would have never guessed that...Wish our defensive numbers were just as good.

It is Iowa's Super Bowl! They just won't say it! Iowa has designated the game as the "black-out" game in which all fans are supposed to wear all black (you know the drill)...hmmm...why all the concern for this game? Thought it didn't really matter to Iowa fans or the Iowa program? Yeah...right!

Reactions: NobodyBeatsCy

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006

Don't be so quick to poo poo our defense. A primary reason that our offensive numbers are so good is BECAUSE of our defense - 8 turnovers and 2 blocked punts in 2 games is outstanding. I agree that they've given up too many yards against the rush, but love they way they give our offense a short field.

Reactions: Bobber

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I give Keeler credit--he's wiling to admit when he's wrong. Note the comment about how maybe a two quarterback rotation isn't such a bad idea after all.

Funny. And without OSU or Michigan on their schedule, this is obviously Iowa's biggest game the rest of the season.