Kansas vs Duke

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Any Cyclone fan that roots for KU for SOS or conference homerism reasons needs to reevaluate their life. KU is the enemy. You might as well root for Al Queda, you ******* traitors.

Meh, I hate losing to Kansas but I have tons of respect for their program and Bill Self. He always has tons of great things to say about Iowa State and him and Hoiberg have become pretty good friends from what I've heard. That said, I always always root for the Big 12 when they aren't playing us.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Any Cyclone fan that roots for KU for SOS or conference homerism reasons needs to reevaluate their life. KU is the enemy. You might as well root for Al Queda, you ******* traitors.

We have a ZERO percent chance of beating Duke this year because they're not on our schedule. We have 2 and possibly 3 shots at beating KU this year because they are on our schedule, and we certainly have a shot anytime they come to Ames.

It's not hard to see why, for selfish reasons, pulling for KU to do well in their non-con is the smart thing to do. The same goes for the entire conference for that matter.

You want to beat some teams that have really high RPI's and it will only help if KU, Baylor and Okie State do well early in the year.

Last edited:

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Screw KU.

The smug condescension we received after the Hilton screwjob from their fans put me in the root for anybody over KU category.

Those of you who visited Phog.net after that game know what I mean.
hell, go visit there now. Same thing. I hope they lose every game forever. B12 be damned.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Home team by 6. Based on the way the thread is titled, I'd assume that will be Duke.

There is no home team. This is part of the Champions Classic at the United Center in Chicago.

Michigan State plays Kentucky at 6:30pm, then Kansas plays Duke after that (around 9:00pm). Tomorrow night on ESPN.

I'm not too broken up about not being able to go to Hilton for the TAMU-CC game. I'll have Walters on the radio with these games on the TV instead.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
The taller they are the harder they fall. I want to build KU's hopes and dreams and then take away from them everything.

Also, I hate Duke with an undying passion. I want to slap the look of undeserved sense of smugness off their faces.

Last edited:

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I want Duke to win. I normally cheer for conference teams, but after last year I'll never cheer for Kansas. Hate their coach, hate their fans, hate their team

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Screw KU.

The smug condescension we received after the Hilton screwjob from their fans put me in the root for anybody over KU category.

Those of you who visited Phog.net after that game know what I mean.

This is why I don't understand opposing fanbases going to other message boards. Most of the time you know what you're going to get, so if it bothers you that much then I don't see the point in it

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Kansas is going to be hella good, may as well embrace it. It does help ISU come tourney time if Kansas wins, so I'll go for them

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I was looking at going to this event tomorrow at the United Center but ticket prices are insane. You can sit court side for just 50 grand!

Anyway, I like Michigan State and Duke tomorrow but i hope KU wins.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
After watching season openers for both Duke and Kansas, I think Duke looked more polished than Kansas. It will be exciting to watch Wiggins vs. Parker.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Want Kansas to win but don't see Duke losing. Right now, I don't think Kansas is a top 10 team. Come Big XII time, I think they'll easily be a top 5 team. Just one of the funny things about college basketball.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Before last year, I would always root for the conference team. After the classless display by their coach, players, and fans after the debacle in Hilton, there is only one team I would ever root for KU to beat, the Hoks. Go Duke!

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Some of you are so butt hurt about last year. Think about the decades of history between KU and ISU. And then think about what actually happened last year, all this hate is completely unwarranted. Especially carrying over into the next season.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I live in KC. **** KU. Shut these people up. Go doook, I guess.

ISU hoops under The Mayor will take care of itself. OSU is the team to beat in conference IMO.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Don't like Kansas but it's all about our RPI right now. Go KU. Go Strength of Schedule.