Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

franzrinkleff

Apr 4, 2006
I would be pretty impressed if anyone could watch/listen/record a team during a timeout and communicate what was learned to the staff of the opposing team to process and then have the staff of the oppossing team communicate what they wanted the players to do based on this information, all in the confines of the time out.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
It looked to me like Tang was pointing up into the corner section, not even the section right behind the bench. I think the guy is crazy. Next year, every Iowa State fan must pull out and point their cell phone at the KS bench during each and every timeout or I will be disappointed in us.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I hope either TJ or Pollard addresses this now that the accusations are out there. It's no longer "between coaches" at this point if someone from KSU has leaked it to their media sources who are now writing about it. Let's take this head on and come out with what Tang told TJ and then provide a response. Surely there is some kind of footage out there either from our own media folks or the TV crew that can be reviewed to see if their accusations even hold water. Obviously K-State has chosen to not keep it a matter between TJ and Tang so there is no point in honoring what was said after the game, the gloves are now off. If I had to guess this is Tang being paranoid about something and turning it into something its not. Have to wonder if the staff even has their phones on them while on the bench or even checks them if they do because I imagine they have enough going on during the game that checking their phone isn't on their mind.

cypack747

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2013
That guy is an idiot. He is insinuating that KSU stunk in the first half and that the spying had something to do with that? KSU played better in the second half. If we were indeed spying on their huddles to help our play, it would seem to me that it would have been because we were down double digits during the entire 1st half RATHER than being ahead! We were dominating KSU in the 1st half before they even took their first time out AND we continued to dominate until the second half. I have a hard time believing that our coaching staff needs to cheat to beat KSU.
Not to mention this is exactly the way that half of our big 12 games have played out. Including our last game, on the road! Teams cannot handle our pressure at the start of games. This just screams to me that Tang’s team was getting a beating and rather than have people focus on that he needed to find something else for his fans to worry about rather than actually analyzing his own team’s performance.

• Winner
Reactions: kentkel

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
It looked to me like Tang was pointing up into the corner section, not even the section right behind the bench. I think the guy is crazy. Next year, every Iowa State fan must pull out and point their cell phone at the KS bench during each and every timeout or I will be disappointed in us.
I'm thinking everyone should have binoculars or opera glasses and a 2-way radio. Then during timeouts everyone put up the binocs and act like they are talking on the radio while the stadium plays Somebody's Watching Me over the audio system.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Temkin and Archer should be embarrassed that they spent at least 20 minutes (across two segments) today on this.

The first segment they did on this at the beginning of the show, the whole conversation was like Iowa State was deemed to be guilty. They basically repeated all the different allegations from the K-State fan forums!

The second one in the last half hour they kind of sheepishly started talking about how hard would be be to to what they say we did.

I listen to those guys all the time and I expected better from them.

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
I really miss the days when printing unsubstantiated rumors would get you laughed out of journalism
I thought the article was fine. Tang was upset about something and walked over to TJ during the game and then they had a long discussion in the handshake line. It's fair game and newsworthy to report why that was (i.e., Tang thought ISU was spying on the huddle) especially given neither coach would discuss it. The article didn't say it actually occurred or that KSU had proof. Most intelligent readers would draw the same conclusion we are.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I hope either TJ or Pollard addresses this now that the accusations are out there. It's no longer "between coaches" at this point if someone from KSU has leaked it to their media sources who are now writing about it. Let's take this head on and come out with what Tang told TJ and then provide a response. Surely there is some kind of footage out there either from our own media folks or the TV crew that can be reviewed to see if their accusations even hold water. Obviously K-State has chosen to not keep it a matter between TJ and Tang so there is no point in honoring what was said after the game, the gloves are now off. If I had to guess this is Tang being paranoid about something and turning it into something its not. Have to wonder if the staff even has their phones on them while on the bench or even checks them if they do because I imagine they have enough going on during the game that checking their phone isn't on their mind.
I agree with this 100%! Why are we letting Tang control the discussion with selected leaks when he said it didn't need to be talked about?

All an investigation would find is the whole matter started when the coaching staff must of decided they needed a distraction to get their team fired up.

And it backfired and he was too dumb to quit digging to make his hole bigger!

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
No sh*t but I think we need to get used to it!

K-State @ UH 11:00 am ESPN tomorrow.

Houston -17

ESPN Matchup Predictor gives K-State a 3.2 % chance of winning but 100 % chance of Tang crying and whining about something.
I think they (K-State) got real excited about being in (tied for) first place in the conference after five games and playing one of the weaker schedules in the league.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
One last thing and then I am done!

Watch the repay of the game, at any point, and watch how the ISU bench coaches and players act during play, and then look at the KSU bench and see there are multiple coaches and players standing up and yelling at the refs and anything else they think is causing them to lose! The one assistant stood up almost the entire game!

Reactions: rosshm16

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
One last thing and then I am done!

Watch the repay of the game, at any point, and watch how the ISU bench coaches and players act during play, and then look at the KSU bench and see there are multiple coaches and players standing up and yelling at the refs and anything else they think is causing them to lose! The one assistant stood up almost the entire game!
Honestly, I hope the referees notice that and it produces favorable calls in our favor since we're not demeaning the refs at every opportunity unlike our opponents.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I agree with this 100%! Why are we letting Tang control the discussion with selected leaks when he said it didn't need to be talked about?

All an investigation would find is the whole matter started when the coaching staff must of decided they needed a distraction to get their team fired up.

And it backfired and he was too dumb to quit digging to make his hole bigger!
For what it's worth, I don't think Tang/KSU/their media is doing themselves any favors trying to control the narrative. Outside of their own fans, who wouldn't buy into an ISU press response anyways, it feels like they're being laughed at by most third-party sources because it doesn't take a rebuttal for sane people to realize how insane the accusations are.

Stay above the fray and let them embarrass themselves.

For the record, if they were sticking to the slur/trash-throwing story I'd squash it, but outside of the fringes of the Wildcat fanbase they backed off that pretty quickly.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Does Jim Harbaugh and his staff have an alibi for Wednesday night? Maybe he planted some guys disguised as ISU staff there to scout for a buddy of his? :p May as well put on a tin foil hat and add more rumors and speculation

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
so to wrap this up, we have been accused of getting home cooking for calls, yelling racial slurs, cheating by recording their huddle and our fan base is trash.
just had to say that out loud quick.

still dumbfounded how someone would get a good enough kstate huddle recording, send that to the bench and for someone on our bench to check their phone and and relay it to our team that quickly and without being completely obvious.

Reactions: CyNews